Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pardon this distraction:

Sepiatone

Can't remember WHERE, but in some other thread I mentioned my confusion as to why TCM broadcast THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD at a time there was NO "major" religious holiday near, which is when I'm USED to seeing such fare on TV.  Can't recall WHICH thread it was, and if anyone offered some kind of half-azzed explanation.

But, what I DO recall, was a pretty funny crack my WIFE made while it was on---

RODDY MACDOWELL, as the disciple MATTHEW, said something that I didn't quite catch.  When I asked my wife, "What did he say?"  SHE asked, "Who"  RODDY MACDOWELL?"  and I said, "Yeah", SHE shot back, "He said, "I'll Be a MONKEY'S UNCLE!" 

She of course was making a humorous referrence to his future appearance in "The Planet Of The Apes".! :lol:

I'm often PROUD of that lady!

Sepiatone

Can't remember WHERE, but in some other thread I mentioned my confusion as to why TCM broadcast THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD at a time there was NO "major" religious holiday near, which is when I'm USED to seeing such fare on TV.  Can't recall WHICH thread it was, and if anyone offered some kind of half-azzed explanation.

RODDY MACDOWELL, as the disciple MATTHEW, said something that I didn't quite catch.  When I asked my wife, "What did he say?"  SHE asked, "Who"  RODDY MACDOWELL?"  and I said, "Yeah", SHE shot back, "He said, "I'll Be a MONKEY'S UNCLE!" 

She of course was making a humorous referrence to his future appearance in "The Planet Of The Apes".! :lol:

Sepiatone

This is not the greatest story YOU ever told.

Sepiatone

Yeah, but isn't Big Duke's line reading in that flick so very clear and concise here???....

(...pilgrim!)

;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings