Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Saaaay...Am I goin' loopy here or is that "Academy Awards" thread now gone???

Dargo

And no, the first part of this question was meant in a rhetorical manner.

Fun thread. I wonder why it's now gone?

(...I mean as far as I know or remember, nobody started a rant about the stuff we're not supposed to rant about around here, right?!...so what gives, I wonder?!)

I think I know why that Oscar thread may have disappeared, Dargo.

I made a comment on it this morning that, whenever I view the AA ceremonies now, I miss Billy Crystal.

Now I know that my suspicion is correct: the masters of these message boards hate Billy Crystal!

I think I know why that Oscar thread may have disappeared, Dargo.

I made a comment on it this morning that, whenever I view the AA ceremonies now, I miss Billy Crystal.

Now I know that my suspicion is correct: the masters of these message boards hate Billy Crystal!

LOL

Hmmmm....interesting theory here, Tom!

LOL

Hmmmm....interesting theory here, Tom!

And I'm testing this theory still further . . .

My Oscar host hero . . .

8fa87dad-08d8-4fef-93e0-bee208390d90_zps

Okay, now let's see if THIS thread disappears, too!

(Err, I'm apologizin' in advance, Dargo, if my theory is correct).

• Like 1

(...I mean as far as I know or remember, nobody started a rant about the stuff we're not supposed to rant about around here, right?!...so what gives, I wonder?!)

Someone was placing spam in those threads (the same spam they were creating new threads for).

It appears the Moderator deleted the entire thread instead of just the spam post.     

Someone was placing spam in those threads (the same spam they were creating new threads for).

It appears the Moderator deleted the entire thread instead of just the spam post.     

AAH! Thanks for explaining this, James. Sounds plausible.

(...yep, and probably the reason I didn't find that thread in the Noir forum EITHER after I just checked there, huh!) ;)

Don't believe it. 

I think the board masters are afraid, very afraid, of this guy . . .

996fb90e-50f9-43d2-8cb5-eefb6e08846a_zps

billycrystal1_zpsybsmelxj.gif

• Like 1

I hope that's the reason, and I hope it's only been pulled to clean up said spam and is then reposted.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the new moderation team for the most part has been a VAST improvement over their predecessor, but I think someone from that team needs to post and explain why the thread has been banished to the land of wind and ghosts.

it is so hard to get the kind of lively conversation we had going in that thread going on here (especially lately) and it's really inconsiderate towards all the work all of us put into our posts to just scrub it.

• Like 3

Hmmmm...ya know Tom, I'm startin' to think you might be onto somethin' here too, except I wonder if it's at all possible the Admin somehow confused Billy with Adam Ant, and it's actually the latter guy the Admin hates?!!!

(...I mean they DID look a lot alike, ya know)

I hope that's the reason, and I hope it's only been pulled to clean up said spam and is then reposted.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the new moderation team for the most part has been a VAST improvement over their predecessor, but I think someone from that team needs to post and explain why the thread has been banished to the land of wind and ghosts.

it is so hard to get the kind of lively conversation we had going in that thread going on here (especially lately) and it's really inconsiderate towards all the work all of us put into our posts to just scrub it.

I agree.

There was lot of good information and videos in that thread.

Surely this is not due to Gaga hate.

AMEN!

You're not here to have fun. You are here to have scholarly discussions about film.

• Like 2

Wow, this whole thing is really strange.

I just came here for the first time since last night. I saw that two people had quoted me. When I clicked on to read  the quoted posts, a notice came up saying "Sorry, we can't find that." At first I thought I'd been kicked out of the site, and was kind of concerned as to how to  get back in.

But now I realize that the system wouldn't let me find the posts I was looking for because the thread I was looking for had been deleted.

So...it was deleted because someone had spammed on it? Why not just delete the spam and keep the thread? Shirley they can do that?

I agree with those who've said here that it seems a  bit disrespectful- cavalier!, that's the word I want ! - of the Powers that Be here to simply delete the entire thread.

And "simply" may be the operative word. Maybe it was easier for them to delete the whole thing than just the spam.

Wait, that's not so. I've know many a thread to have one or two (or a few) selected posts deleted, but the thread itself goes on.

What gives, moderators?

Okay, I keep reading here that it was spam that took the Oscar thread down. Along with further comments that the moderators could have deleted just the spam postings without removing the entire thread.

So here's a second chance for those moderators:

e57f5944-0ce8-41ea-ba70-8c4728f391c6_zps

Personally, I don't know what they got against this stuff. I kinda like it.

But the question still remains, will they remove just this post or the whole thread again?

Testing, testing  . . .