Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Spock" is now a Man for the Ages

we've lost the great leonard nimoy...

give william shatner his own resurrected kirk film..now.

20 years overdue it is.

and I'd love to see paramount beg mr. shatner to agree to the project.

they want all the older fans they've alienated back. that's what they gotta do...

and they should kindly be smart about it. :)

"In 1965, he made his first appearance in the rejected Star Trek pilot The Cage, and went on to play the character of Mr. Spock until 1969, followed by eight feature films and guest slots in the various spin-off series. The character has had a significant cultural impact and garnered Nimoy three Emmy Award nominations; TV Guide named Spock one of the 50 greatest TV characters.[4][5] After the original Star Trek series, Nimoy starred in Mission: Impossible for two seasons, hosted the documentary series In Search of..., and narrated Civilization IV, as well as making several well-received stage appearances. More recently, he also had a recurring role in the science fiction series Fringe."

-American actor, film director, poet, singer and photographer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Nimoy

but it's the "Spock" (my fav ST character) that was truly iconic...

320x240.jpg

10 famous Spock quotes: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/27/spock-quotes-where-no-man-has-gone-before_n_6770328.html

also in "Mission Impossible"

027ea214615c6da44596b15d7d6f075e.jpg

• Like 1

I watched Star Trek as a kid when it first came out on black & white TV. Great times. Nimoy was a one trick pony but that's all he ever needed to be. This is one of my favorite TV series Star Trek Episodes.

RIP

I watched Star Trek as a kid when it first came out on black & white TV. 

"Star Trek" was always in glorious color. Or are you saying that you watched it on a black-and-white television set?

"Star Trek" was always in glorious color. Or are you saying that you watched it on a black-and-white television set?

I think I made it very clear: black & white TV. Contrary to what you might think, not all white people then and now were and are privileged.  I didn't see color television in my home till the late sixties.

Contrary to what you might think, not all white people then and now were and are privileged.  I didn't see color television in my home till the late sixties.

Wow! You had a color TV in the late 1960s? Sounds like privilege to me.

Just an FYI...for those of you who regard Leonard Nimoy in high esteem, Me-TV is devoting this Sunday to running episodes of various shows that he was in.  For instance last night on Perry Mason the broadcast included him in an episode as the identified villain (who of course, neither Hamilton Burger or Lt. Tragg identified).  Long before he grew pointy ears he appeared in many westerns, and other dramas.  I think I saw him not long ago in one of the Me-TV "Rope Operas".

Tonight Me-TV is running a special Star Trek episode with Mr. Spock as the main protagonist.  Cuddle up and share a toast to Spock and live long and prosper.

• Like 2

Wow! You had a color TV in the late 1960s? Sounds like privilege to me.

my family tried color TV around 1965. my dad did not cotton to it. a big ol' console it was. so it went back to the store for repairs and in the meantime they gave us the loan of a smaller japanese color TV. a few week later back to black & white we went...

and we were definitely not privileged in any excepted understanding of the term...

not with my dad running our household like the evil captain kirk and then some. :lol:

we've lost the great leonard nimoy...

give william shatner his own resurrected kirk film..now.

20 years overdue it is.

He's too busy negotiating Priceline on the road. A bit sad if this is how his final days are remembered. 

Flo (Progressive) would  make a good  Vulcan  (ducking)  :P

19364-Priceline-v.jpg

He's too busy negotiating Pricleine on the road. A bit sad if this is how his final days are remembered. 

Flo (Progressive) would  make a good  Vulcan  (ducking)  :P

19364-Priceline-v.jpg

well, it's his own fault. he shoulda kicked like a steer when they knocked 'em off in Generations...

but he chose not to.

hordes of old line trekkers woulda backed 'em up if he had.