Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NipkowDisc

Leonard Nimoy has died aged 83

Poor Leonard. Has to be the most stereotyped actor of all time. All he was accepted as was Spock and only Spock.

Watching him in 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' in 1978 was weird. He just came across as a duller psychiatrist-Spock and was completely out of place for it.

Poor Leonard. Has to be the most stereotyped actor of all time. All he was accepted as was Spock and only Spock.

Watching him in 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' in 1978 was weird. He was just a more dull Spock and was completely out of place for it.

I hear what your sayin' but...

he IS spock. :)

Watching him in 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' in 1978 was weird. He just came across as a duller psychiatrist-Spock and was completely out of place for it.

So true.    I saw Leonard in as a supporting actor on a western TV show that was made before Star Trek and all I could see what Spock in western clothing!    Of course this was because I had come to view Leonard only as Spock.  

So true.    I saw Leonard in as a supporting actor on a western TV show that was made before Star Trek and all I could see what Spock in western clothing!    Of course this was because I had come to view Leonard only as Spock.  

I have a DVD of serials called Zombies Of The Stratosphere where he played a small bit role, as in if you blink you miss him.  Well before he became known as Spock.  He will always be remembered as Spock.

Any chance there is a tribute for him? I would love to see one.

On TCM?    What movies would they show the Star Trek movies?     I assume they don't have these in their 'vault' (under lease), and that it would be outside their budget to lease them just for a tribute.     The Sci-fi network would be a better place for a tribute.

I happened to like his turn in the remake.  Are the characters just lifeless and dull or are they zombies?  The film had fun with those moments.  Nimoy's analytical Spock persona fit right in and I'm sure that they were conscious of that too.

My favourite moment was the floor polisher.  Spooky as Dame Edna would say.

On TCM?    What movies would they show the Star Trek movies?   

TCM could feature his bit parts in classics like Them and crap like the Brain Eaters.

starsoo.jpg

A sad day for a huge Trekker.

I was going to revive my green girl & make MrTiki Spock this year for Halloween. Now everyone can point and say, "He's DEAD, Jim!"

The flags will be by flying at half-mast in Vulcan, Alberta I'm sure

I just learned of this when MeTV did a remembrance tribute to him a few minutes ago.  They have hours of his TV appearances on Perry Mason, The Virginian and, of course, Mission Impossible.  He was on a lot of Highway Patrol episodes you can see on THIS as well.  I might be weird but I never had trouble seeing him as the characters he played; he was too good an actor to make me think of him as just Spock.  He really did "live long and prosper didn't he.  RIP, Sir. and thank you  for sharing your talent with us. 

I remember him in a small role on "Bonanza", in the episode where Hoss befriends a not-so-gentle gnat in the hopes of showing the town that he's just a normal person. He (Leonard Nimoy) played one of the antagonists. Even though he did get typecast as Spock, his characterization of that lovable Vulcan is one of the most beloved in popular culture. He captured the way that we all feel at some point, lonely, trying to understand the world, different, and it resonated with us deeply. He was always a welcoming and friendly with his fans, as well. I'm definitely going to miss him.

just a moment.....just a moment.......

"although we no longer have nimoy to go to bat,

fear not,

for we still have the shat."

:)

just a moment.....just a moment.......

"although we no longer have nimoy to go to bat,

fear not,

for we still have the shat."

:)

how'd you all like my HAL impression? :D

I remember him in a small role on "Bonanza", in the episode where Hoss befriends a not-so-gentle gnat in the hopes of showing the town that he's just a normal person. He (Leonard Nimoy) played one of the antagonists. Even though he did get typecast as Spock, his characterization of that lovable Vulcan is one of the most beloved in popular culture. He captured the way that we all feel at some point, lonely, trying to understand the world, different, and it resonated with us deeply. He was always a welcoming and friendly with his fans, as well. I'm definitely going to miss him.

He did at least one Simpsons episode. Maybe a couple. Typecast as Spock or not, he seemed to enjoy the fame it had brought to him. And I really enjoyed seeing him in 'Star Trek' (2009) which I recently watched for the first time.

Leonard Nimoy gone.. This is a serious blow. R.I.P. Leonard..

how'd you all like my HAL impression? :D

2z8rtkl.jpg

WIPE YOUR FEET !

I'm not sure I would say Nimoy was typecast as Spock,  in that I don't recall him being cast in roles after Trek were he played a Spock type character  (which is how I define being typecast).      Of course maybe he didn't get roles because producers felt he was too closely identified as Spock.    Did he ever mention if that was the case?  

I'm not sure I would say Nimoy was typecast as Spock,  in that I don't recall him being cast in roles after Trek were he played a Spock type character  (which is how I define being typecast).      Of course maybe he didn't get roles because producers felt he was too closely identified as Spock.    Did he ever mention if that was the case?

Well, he did say that it was better to be typecast than not to be cast at all; that there was something of Spock in all of the roles he played afterward, whether he intended it to be that way or not. And eventually, he embraced it, although it was a source of frustration for him. But I do think that the casting directors and the producers so closely associated him with the character that it made finding roles somewhat difficult, which he also spoke about.

He did at least one Simpsons episode. Maybe a couple. Typecast as Spock or not, he seemed to enjoy the fame it had brought to him. And I really enjoyed seeing him in 'Star Trek' (2009) which I recently watched for the first time.

I loved him on "The Simpsons." One of the things I loved about the reboot was the way that the cast reached out to the original Enterprise members for input on the film, characterizations, etc.