Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NipkowDisc

Leonard Nimoy has died aged 83

I actually thought he was terrific in BODY SNATCHERS, creepy as heck encouraging Donald Sutherland to sleep and evolve into a higher life form.

As I recall, he wrote an autobiography in the '70s entitled I AM NOT SPOCK, before he knew he'd still be reprising the character all the way up to 2013.

Here are some interesting pics

Leonard Nimoy as a Commanche

NimoyComanche.jpg

A soldier in the Twilight Zone

Twilight-Zone-Quality-of-Mercy-Hansen-8.

In "Catlow"

movies-catlow-leonard-nimoy-1970-02.jpg

Played Shorty in "The Outlaws" (1960)

outlaws_nimoy_1.jpg

Doing something medieval

Zombies-of-the-Stratosphere-Narab-8.jpg

Seeing something like this think one is in The Twilight Zone...Go west young Trekker, lol  

JOH1793.jpg

• Like 4

I actually thought he was terrific in BODY SNATCHERS, creepy as heck encouraging Donald Sutherland to sleep and evolve into a higher life form.

He was creepy as hell even before that. Right from the moment he appears in the movie - doing his phony baloney 'Doctor Phil' crap, he seems to already be an alien. But he's not - all his friends are completely comfortable with this weirdo.

Me-TV is doing a retrospective tomorrow of Leoard Nimoy in the afternoon I believe and running a special episode of Star Trek to night.  Tune in and prosper.

Me-TV is doing a retrospective tomorrow of Leoard Nimoy in the afternoon I believe and running a special episode of Star Trek to night.  Tune in and prosper.

me tv can't bring themselves to devote a few day or night's viewing time to nimoy on star trek? cheapskates.

one of me TVs most obvious shortcomings is they're not too big on episode marathons.

Nonetheless, it was on MeTV that we were treated to a "Nimoy Retrospective".

Without meaning to, the network would often show episodes of old TV shows he appeared in long before "Trek", but without fanfare.

Old "COMBAT" episodes, "The Untouchables", "Naked City", "Alfred Hitchcock Presents", "Route 66" , "Perry Mason" and I believe I even spotted him in an old "PETER GUNN" episode!

And don't forget, the network also broadcast the entire library of "Mission Impossible" episodes, which also included the seasons Nimoy was the character Paris, who replaced MARTIN LANDAU's character ROLLIN.

Nimoy will long be remembered as "Spock", but he wasn't LIMITED to him.

Rest in peace, Lenny....

You did good!

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Nice poster.. but I believe Shatner and Doohan's faces are Photo-Shop overlays. These faces appear to be from their Star Trek era's.

Kelley did plenty of westerns, and Nimoy had no shortage of oldies either.

4q3h9t.jpg

Leonard Nimoy as a Commanche

A soldier in the Twilight Zone

In "Catlow"

Played Shorty in "The Outlaws" (1960)

Doing something medieval

Zombies-of-the-Stratosphere-Narab-8.jpg

Seeing something like this think one is in The Twilight Zone...Go west young Trekker, lol  

That "medieval" pic is a screenshot from Zombies Of The Stratosphere.

doesn't our egg-sucking mainstream news media have anything better to do than go after a guy who's almost 84 years old?

Shatner. he's being criticized because he missed nimoy's funeral.

he had a previous charity comittment in florida. was he suppose to break it?

did shatner know nimoy was gonna kick off last week? of course not.

ol' bill shatner doan wanna disappoint people. he's a good guy.

doesn't our egg-sucking mainstream news media have anything better to do than go after a guy who's almost 84 years old?

Shatner. he's being criticized because he missed nimoy's funeral.

he had a previous charity comittment in florida. was he suppose to break it?

did shatner know nimoy was gonna kick off last week? of course not.

ol' bill shatner doan wanna disappoint people. he's a good guy.

despite the fact that he shoulda put up a fight with paramount to come back as kirk....

but he didn't.

now if ol' shatner had felt a little bit more about kirk the way Clayton Moore felt about the lone ranger, he'd be an even gooder guy.

but hey, star trek's dead so it doan really matter now. :)

despite the fact that he shoulda put up a fight with paramount to come back as kirk....

but he didn't.

now if ol' shatner had felt a little bit more about kirk the way Clayton Moore felt about the lone ranger, he'd be an even gooder guy.

why do old line trekkers like me harp on this stuff...

BECAUSE...

none of the 1980s theatrical trek films were what they could and shoulda been.

put 'em together (six films) and you have only a handful of scenes from all six films that are worthy of being compared to the original series...

and the 1970s filmation cartoon is better than those cruddy movies.

whatta's that say when a saturday morning cartoon is superior to theatrical films with multi-million dollar budgets?

not a helluva lot.

I blame paramount. they hadda know a few years after the cancellation that nbc had made a mistake. but whatta they do? they pussyfoot around until the end of the 1970s before even starting on a movie.

of course Roddenberry's humanistic idealism coulda slowed things down a might too.

hey, I'm fair. :D

but he didn't.

LOL

Now THAT'S a funny thought!

So, lemme guess here, ND...Bill was maybe supposed to sport his star fleet uniform at all social functions he attended, and just like Clayton did for years while sportin' his little mask and that Stetson on his head, RIGHT???!!!

LOL

To all those eviscerating William Shatner for not attending Leonard Nimoy's funeral...

#1:  He had a prior commitment for a charity function and his failure to appear would have been very detrimental to the charity in as much as the whole proceeds were a result of his participation.

#2:  Leonard Nimoy being Jewish would have understood Mr. Shatner's commitment to a charity and would not expect Mr. Shatner to fail to live up to his obligations....charity work is a very strong component of the Jewish faith and furthermore a commitment is just that. 

#3: Mr. Shatner is 84 and I am certain that private jet or no private jet night-time appearances and a late over night flight may be constitutionally difficult

#4: Leonard Nimoy knew and had Mr. Shatner's friendship during life...which is what really counts.  

• Like 5

Sunday night MeTV played the well known Man From UNCLE  "Project Strigas" episode that featured Nimoy, Shatner, and Werner Klemperer  (and also former child star Peggy Ann Garner).  After a Mission Impossible episode they had a Get Smart episode with Nimoy in a small role. Early in his career Leonard was in 2 different Highway Patrol episodes as well as several Sea Hunt shows (both ZIV productions). I think Leonard was always a capable actor but he really didn't appear to do anything of much significance until the big break of Spock on Star Trek.