Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wanted: Treasure Hunt Comedy

CoraSmith

Does anyone know the title of this movie? In this comedy people were following clues to find a treasure. Several times someone took a mask of and turned out to be somebody else. At the end they found the treasure. It was a paper saying something like "friendship is the real treasure".  

Judging from the faces turning out to be face masks that get removed, it sounds a bit like Murder By Death, but I don't remember if there was a treasure hunt.  I think they were just trying not to get killed.  Here are a few candidates from my list.  Disclaimer - I haven't seen many of these yet.

Murder, He Says (1945) - Fred MacMurray • Helen Walker • Marjorie Main

A pollster stumbles on a family of murderous hillbillies, and joins in their search for hidden treasure.

Murder by Death (1976) - Truman Capote • Peter Falk • Alec Guinness • Elsa Lanchester • David Niven • Peter Sellers

Five famous literary detective characters and their sidekicks are invited to a bizarre mansion to solve an even stranger mystery.

The Old Dark House (1963) - Tom Poston

An American who sells cars in England receives a mysterious invitation from an old, eccentric millionaire to visit his house in which he lives with his twin brother.

One Body Too Many (1944) - Jack Haley • Jean Parker • Bela Lugosi

An insurance investigator arrives at a creepy mansion to protect a millionaire who has had death threats made against him.

The Housekeeper's Daughter (1939) - Joan Bennett • Adolphe Menjou

A mobster's moll leads a newsman, cub reporter and photographer to a scoop.
What looks like a serious crime drama turns screwball, like a guy that insists on serving poison coffee to his guests, and a shootout between two guys with fireworks and a third guy with a gun.

The Cat and the Canary (1939) - Bob Hope • Paulette Goddard

When an eccentric family meets in their uncle's remote, decaying mansion on the tenth anniversary of his death for the reading of his will, murder and madness follow.

The Ghost Breakers (1940)- Bob Hope • Paulette Goddard

A radio broadcaster, his quaking manservant and an heiress investigate the mystery of a haunted castle in Cuba.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings