Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

please consider: "31 NIGHTS of Oscar."

1. I am having to do this via voice transcription on my phone so don't read it until I say go ahead and read it cuz I have a feeling I'm gonna have to do a whole buttload of editing.

ED. NOTE: go ahead and read it. It didn't need as much editing as I thought...just remember the freewheeling Faulknerian style is because I'm doing this by voice transcription. Typoes galore abound i am sure.

2. thanks to the moderators for reposting the Academy Awards thread.

3. Y'know: I was watching the tail end of "the poseidon adventure" yesterday afternoon and I couldn't help but feel a certain parallel between the survivors mounting the pile of twisted flaming junk on their way to daylight and the end of this year's "31 days of Oscars" festival.

(really hope there isn't another explosion and I don't take a Stella Stevens right off the cat walk into the flaming lagoon with freedom so near and in sight. )

And in the spirit, I would like to see if you could consider next year...just is there any chance you could do 31 NIGHTS of Oscar and leave the daytime programming for other things?

because I really feel like without the onus of having to fill 24 hours a day for 31 days straight with stuff, that you could take a more specialized, individual and instructive look at the Academy Awards.

and also I understand you guys are on a budget and that it's easy for you to have certain films that you are going to show multiple times a year: but again, if you don't operate under that burden of having to accumulate films to show that got at least one Oscar nomination for something: its going to do your year-long schedules so much more good.

and if next year you insist on doing another 31 days 24 hours a day salute to things that only got nominated for an Oscar, please please please please consider showing some of the full length documentaries- showing less of the shorts because wow some of them are horrible!- and go ahead and showthe whole Oscarcasts.

if you're doing this with the cooperation of the Academy remind them you need to do it with the SUPPORT of the academy and see if there's any way they can go ahead and get you some digitized versions of the shows you can broadcast.

. you can even get some to feature Johnny Carson if that makes someone happy.

and as an addendum: with less time slots to fill, you could really work harder at accumulating some of the rarities that you have shown (or havent) and that we would like to see again (or for the first time.)

"hold back the dawn" " 5 graves to Cairo" "Genevieve" "sudden fear!" "holy matrimony" "the song of Bernadette" the 1929 "the letter"

(feel free to add suggestions or to correct me if any of these were shown this year.)

My guess is they are focused on summer programming, notably SUTS.

I think you are going to have to bring this thread back in the fall and push this idea from September through Thanksgiving when they are working on next year's 31 Days of Oscar schedule.

I do agree that the Oscar tribute can still cover 31 days but with 12 hours per day instead of 24 hours. Then all those February birthdays and black history do not continue to be slighted.

1. I am having to do this via voice transcription on my phone so don't read it until I say go ahead and read it cuz I have a feeling I'm gonna have to do a whole buttload of editing.

ED. NOTE: go ahead and read it. It didn't need as much editing as I thought...just remember the freewheeling Faulknerian style is because I'm doing this by voice transcription. Typoes galore abound i am sure.

2. thanks to the moderators for reposting the Academy Awards thread.

3. Y'know: I was watching the tail end of "the poseidon adventure" yesterday afternoon and I couldn't help but feel a certain parallel between the survivors mounting the pile of twisted flaming junk on their way to daylight and the end of this year's "31 days of Oscars" festival.

(really hope there isn't another explosion and I don't take a Stella Stevens right off the cat walk into the flaming lagoon with freedom so near and in sight. )

And in the spirit, I would like to see if you could consider next year...just is there any chance you could do 31 NIGHTS of Oscar and leave the daytime programming for other things?

because I really feel like without the onus of having to fill 24 hours a day for 31 days straight with stuff, that you could take a more specialized, individual and instructive look at the Academy Awards.

and also I understand you guys are on a budget and that it's easy for you to have certain films that you are going to show multiple times a year: but again, if you don't operate under that burden of having to accumulate films to show that got at least one Oscar nomination for something: its going to do your year-long schedules so much more good.

and if next year you insist on doing another 31 days 24 hours a day salute to things that only got nominated for an Oscar, please please please please consider showing some of the full length documentaries- showing less of the shorts because wow some of them are horrible!- and go ahead and showthe whole Oscarcasts.

if you're doing this with the cooperation of the Academy remind them you need to do it with the SUPPORT of the academy and see if there's any way they can go ahead and get you some digitized versions of the shows you can broadcast.

. you can even get some to feature Johnny Carson if that makes someone happy.

NO WAY. Keep it during the daytime and leave the nights FREE!