Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hibi

I thought they had some great movies along the way, it is a looooong schedule though.

Yeah, the last few nights were terrific, once they got out of the retread mode.  31 Days of Oscar is really much more for first time viewers than it is for TCM addicts.

Well, NOW the TCM "purists" can shut up about "new" movies being shown on their precious channel( and this was NOT a facetious referrence to TCM showing those BORE-ing "Lord Of The Ring" movies!)

But, it did give me opportunity to finally get my lazy azz around to seeing  The Artist   last night.  Now, as a photographer and "old" movie buff, this movie satisfied me on those two fronts.  Now, I did  find myself "nodding" here and there, and wasn't sure if it was due to the story or the musical score, but all in all, I enjoyed it pretty well.

And as I stated in another thread, the PBS station here in Detroit replayed the tape of the old MOTOWN 25 special  after "The Artist" went off, so it was a pretty good evening on the whole!

Sepiatone

Yeah, the last few nights were terrific, once they got out of the retread mode.  31 Days of Oscar is really much more for first time viewers than it is for TCM addicts.

Yes, the last few nights were good, but it didnt make up for the constant retreads shown the rest of the month.........

Yes, the last few nights were good, but it didnt make up for the constant retreads shown the rest of the month.........

OTOH it gave me a chance to watch many of the 52 movies I recorded in January that I hadn't had the chance to watch back then.

• Like 1

All these threads that are started ad nauseum at this website and particularly in this General Forum and often by "One Post Wonders" who we never hear of again after their initial posting and primarily containing this constant little lament about their personal dislike of TCM showing movies made after the demise of the studio era had me thinking that what this website REALLY needs is one more specialized forum...and that forum's title should be:

"TCM PROGRAMMING COMPLAINTS"

AND, it should be placed on the main forum menu just above the General Discussion forum, as this should help those "One Post Wonders" immediately find it after they become members and with the apparent intent of stating their personal displeasure with TCM, AND so that all the REGULARS around here who somehow feel they haven't stated THEIR opinion about this ENOUGH can join into those constant little "b*tching sessions" we get in this General Forum.

(...great idea here, wouldn't ya SAY???!!!)

• Like 3

I hadnt caught "spider baby" before. Fun stuff.

Arch Hall Jr. looks like Chris Isaak got a new blond dye job and was so excited about it that he ran into a brick wall really fast and the swelling hasn't gone down yet.

LOL. I noticed that was on..........

OTOH it gave me a chance to watch many of the 52 movies I recorded in January that I hadn't had the chance to watch back then.

Too bad my DVR self destructed. I lost everything on there (much I hadnt watched yet, back in Feb.) but i watched other things, or just read..........

All these threads that are started ad nauseum at this website and often by "One Post Wonders" who we never hear of again after their initial posting and primarily containing this constant little lament about their personal dislike of TCM showing movies made after the demise of the studio era had me thinking that what this website REALLY needs is one more specialized forum...and that forum's title should be:

AND, it should be placed on the main forum menu just above the General Discussion forum, as this should help those "One Post Wonders" immediately find it after they become members and with the apparent intent of stating their personal displeasure with TCM, AND so that all the REGULARS around here who somehow feel they haven't stated THEIR opinion about this ENOUGH can join into those constant little "b*tching sessions" we get in this General Forum.

So you think I'm a one post wonder? LOL.

What we learn here (at this thread and many others related to TCM programming), is that there is no consensus as it relates to the forum members and TCM programming.

e.g. here we find people don't mind,  if not welcome,  more recent films,  over production code films that are shown very often (repeats).  

Of course others don't wish TCM to show recent films at all.   While they often yell the loudest I don't know if they represent the majority.  

One thing TCM could do more during Oscar month is only show Oscar winning movies that they rarely show.   That would lead to a lot more recent films since the Oscar winning films from the production code era are played often during the other months.    TCM did this to some degree this time and based on the comment here it was welcomed. 

Again, I wish Oscar 'month' was only 2 weeks,  but if they are going to devote 30 or more days to it,  showing a recent film they have never shown before is better than a production code film they tend to show 3 or so times during the remaining months.

• Like 1

Too bad my DVR self destructed. I lost everything on there (much I hadnt watched yet, back in Feb.) but i watched other things, or just read..........

If I may make a modest suggestion.........

GET A DVD RECORDER

So you think I'm a one post wonder? LOL.

Nope, Hibi.

Right as I entered my post in your thread and which was something I thought of last night after seeing both the "'60s and '70s Movies" and "New Programming: I'm Saddened" threads getting such a high degree of "action" the last few days, I had a sudden feeling you might think my post was directed at you, but that was definitely NOT my intent here.

I'm sorry. I suppose I should have probably just started another thread with this thought of mine and in order for this to have not given you or anyone else here the idea that I was directing my comment and suggestion contained within it your way.

(...in fact, I think I'll do that right now)

Amen to that.  Though, I did find it highly amusing that the programmers segued from "The Queen" to

"A Bucket of Blood."  Can't say they don't have a highly developed sense of humor.

Lydecker

Nope, Hibi.

Right as I entered my post in your thread and which was something I thought of last night after seeing both the "'60s and '70s Movies" and "New Programming: I'm Saddened" threads getting such a high degree of "action" the last few days, I had a sudden feeling you might think my post was directed at you, but that was definitely NOT my intent here.

I'm sorry. I suppose I should have probably just started another thread with this thought of mine and in order for this to have not given you or anyone else here the idea that I was directing my comment and suggestion contained within it your way.

(...in fact, I think I'll do that right now)

No big deal. I thought maybe you posted on the wrong thread..........

No big deal. I thought maybe you posted on the wrong thread..........

Thanks.

In a way I kind'a DID post it in the "wrong thread", as while yes, in a manner of speaking I suppose this thread of yours here could be considered a "complaint" of sorts, what it WASN'T was yet ANOTHER of those freakin' "Why is TCM showing all these lousy movies made after Louis B. Meyer bit the dust" whinny-a$$ed threads started by ANOTHER of those "One Post Wonders" and which ALWAYS seem to get so many of us Regulars around here started up ALL OVER AGAIN and stating the VERY SAME opinion they always state, both pro and con.

(...and which might have been one of the primary reasons you didn't see me around here for a while, a while back...well, maybe THAT and the idea that DGF brought up in that "Where's Dargo?" thread and when he suggested I might be suffering from "writer's block", and which ACTUALLY might have been true TOO!!!!) LOL

All these threads that are started ad nauseum at this website and particularly in this General Forum and often by "One Post Wonders" who we never hear of again after their initial posting and primarily containing this constant little lament about their personal dislike of TCM showing movies made after the demise of the studio era had me thinking that what this website REALLY needs is one more specialized forum...and that forum's title should be:

"One post wonders" bother me less than multi-thread creator addicts from regular members where the subjects would be more appropriately placed on a twitter feed ... they take a lot more space. Next upgrade I'm for a Frivolous Category to where these threads can promptly be moved ... oh wait, we already have one, it's called Chit-Chat. Well, we need another one for the lowest-of-the-low ... frivolous wise. :P

• Like 1

"One post wonders" bother me less than multi-thread creator addicts from regular members where the subjects would be more appropriately placed on a twitter feed ... they take a lot more space. Next upgrade I'm for a Frivolous Category to where these threads can promptly be moved ... oh wait, we already have one, it's called Chit-Chat. Well, we need another one for the lowest-of-the-low ... frivolous wise. :P

LOL. Now who might that be????