Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hibi

"One post wonders" bother me less than multi-thread creator addicts from regular members where the subjects would be more appropriately placed on a twitter feed ... they take a lot more space. Next upgrade I'm for a Frivolous Category to where these threads can promptly be moved ... oh wait, we already have one, it's called Chit-Chat. Well, we need another one for the lowest-of-the-low ... frivolous wise. :P

Agee.  Right now I have one member on Ignore, but would like to see a new setting for; Ignore All Posts or Threads Created by This Member.  Now when I check View New Content or General Discussions and see that member started the thread, I don't open it.

Agee.  Right now I have one member on Ignore, but would like to see a new setting for; Ignore All Posts or Threads Created by This Member.  Now when I check View New Content or General Discussions and see that member started the thread, I don't open it.

LOL. I usually dont read them either...............

Too bad my DVR self destructed. I lost everything on there (much I hadnt watched yet, back in Feb.) but i watched other things, or just read..........

If you or anyone else is interested, Toshiba makes a very nice VCR/DVD recorder. And you can purchase the RW DVD's and delete recordings after you watch them.  Been doing it for years and have never owned a DVR.  

One problem is that depending on your set up, you might have to have the Toshiba unit on to even watch TV at all.

If you or anyone else is interested, Toshiba makes a very nice VCR/DVD recorder. And you can purchase the RW DVD's and delete recordings after you watch them.  Been doing it for years and have never owned a DVR.  

One problem is that depending on your set up, you might have to have the Toshiba unit on to even watch TV at all.

I'll have to check into that...........how expensive are they?

I'll have to check into that...........how expensive are they?

I think I paid about $200 for mine a couple of years ago.  It is a model DVR620KU and I got it at Best Buy.

Just checked online and Amazon wants $300 for one.  May have to do some calling around or shopping for a good deal.

You can do a lot of things with them, so you might want to check out the Toshiba site to see all the features. 

Remember these recordings are for home use only by the original recorder.

I think I paid about $200 for mine a couple of years ago.  It is a model DVR620KU and I got it at Best Buy.

Just checked online and Amazon wants $300 for one.  May have to do some calling around or shopping for a good deal.

You can do a lot of things with them, so you might want to check out the Toshiba site to see all the features. 

Remember these recordings are for home use only by the original recorder.

OK. Thanks. I cant pitch my DVR as I still have an analog tv, but it would help to save recordings from frying again......

OK. Thanks. I cant pitch my DVR as I still have an analog tv, but it would help to save recordings from frying again......

My Toshiba unit is hooked to an analog TV through the cable box.

This is funny! 

I have a nephew who both brags about having DVR service rolled into his cable service, but also spends a lot of time b i t c h i n ' about the problems he has with it. AND pays an extra $9.99 a month for it. Meanwhile, I sit here with my not-so-old VHS/DVD player/recorder, put in an old $2.95 VHS tape and have absolutely NO problems with recording what I wish to watch!

Sepiatone

We have had Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Toshiba and Magnavox DVD recorders. 

I feel Sony was best in regards to ease of use, features and dependability. It is sad to say that it would often refuse to record because of copyright protection even when attempting to copy video which we had shot.

I feel Philips was worst in regards to overall quality. It died quite quickly and Philips refused to honor warranty. I have had this experience with other Philips products also.

The Magnavox units serve us very well. They have hard drives and so they operate as DVR and we can then edit and record to DVD. One which my husband has is more than five years old and performs perfectly except that it needs regular cleaning of DVD head and spindle. Newer one has slight improvement to menu and much larger hard drive. It was not the largest hard drive available but it suits our needs as it stores approx. sixty hours of HQ and several hundred of EP recordings. I do not remember exact cost but I am sure that it was less than: $250.

We have two units in set-up so that we may record from different channels simultaneously and so that one can have timed-recordings set so that we can disregard conflicts when watching, editing or recording other programs.

It is sad to say that Magnavox units are not available at this time from normal suppliers. This has occurred previous that they have production run and end it and wait for long time before changing design slightly and making new production run.

We have had Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Toshiba and Magnavox DVD recorders. 

I feel Sony was best in regards to ease of use, features and dependability. It is sad to say that it would often refuse to record because of copyright protection even when attempting to copy video which we had shot.

Typical for Sony. I used to purchase Sony products, but always ran into issues with them. Whether it was televisions or audio cassette recorders. Even Sony brand audio tape. Over the years, problem after problem. I'm sure it was just a run of personal bad luck and amounts to no evidence against Sony as a brand, but it's unlikely that I'll ever purchase another Sony product as long as I live.

The worst DVD recorder in my experience is LG. However, the HDD section continues to work long after the disc recorder has died, so I continue to own 2 of them for use as DVR's.

Pioneer DVD Recorders are the best in my experience. I own 2 of them - both with HDD sections - and they are solid, trouble-free and easy to use. Beautiful machines, beautiful quality recordings.

After Pioneer, which enjoys a great reputation pretty much universally, Panasonic gets the next highest amount of praise for their DVD recorders - in my social experience. I've not owned a Panny recorder, but I've owned 2 Panny players and they were quite good.

Magnavox gets some consumer love - but their players do not have variable-bit recording, so I've not gone with them for that reason.