Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

60s era spy comedy, I think...

I have been trying to locate a 60s era comedy that involves an all-American family man being mistaken for a spy by a couple of foreign agents. In one scene the man's 10 or 12 year old son walks up to him while the dad is sitting in the living room of their home. The son says he found the dad's revolver and asks if he should put it back in the dad's room. The father answers something like; "son, how many times do I have to tell you, that's a 357 revolver! The 357 belongs in the station wagon, the 45 goes in my room.". I recall the two foreign agents are present for this exchange and are now more convinced he is their spy. But he is just a suburban dad. I recall the dad as a Rod Taylor type, but I don't think it was Taylor. I have searched but cannot identify this movie. I would love to hear any suggestions. Thank you for your comments.

THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST (1967):

Wow, Thank you FredCDobbs! That's the one. You have solved a riddle that has stumped me for a long time. You've also given me the next Classic title I'll watch as soon as possible.

Thank you again for your reply and the clip.

Regards,

I’m glad I could help you. :)

I love this film. It was very prophetic, such as the government agencies spying on people via the phone company, and the phone company itself (and companies like Google) spying on citizens, and the robotic people working for the phone company (we make a call to a company today and we get a robotic machine that we can talk to, rather than a real person). TV cameras in every home, spying on us (see the news stories about people’s lap-top computers spying on them in their own bedrooms).

James Coburn was so good as the paranoid psychiatrist. He should have received an Academy Award nomination.

TCM showed this film years ago, but not recently.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings