Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

March 2015 TCM Promo

HoldenIsHere

I saw TCM's new March 2015 promo for the first time last night and loved.it.

The promo is underscored by "Under the Influence" by Elle King and features clips from the movies scheduled to air this month. 

The video does a good job of highlighting the month's programming: Star of the Month, Guest Programmer, Friday Night Spotlight, Treasures from the Disney Vault and the Essentials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQBz_Q_IEOA

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What movie is the clip from 0:35 to 0:36 on the video from ---where the guy seems to rise magically to a standing position?

I'm bumping my original thread about the TCM March promo which includes the video.

By the way, no one ever answered my question but I learned on my own that the movie was ORPHEUS.

sorry.

when you first posted this I had meant to comment on it: yes it's always nice to see when they do modern promos using modern music on TCM (so long as they are not the super depressing "In Memoriams")

I remember the one day did when Joan Crawford was star of the month in January and it was terrific.

the one done this March is very very very good as well, especially nice how a lot of the scenes blend into one another with the characters performing similar actions. very clever blending of images that match the song quite nicely. wish they would do this sort of thing more often.

it's almost like they were dying for Oscar month to be over so they could cut loose.

"temptation sneaking up on me in my mind won't let me be."

Ps: Dustin Hoffman is so cute with his little smirk in the scene from "Little Big Man."

Pss: Robin Quivers though. Ugh.

What movie is the clip from 0:35 to 0:36 on the video from ---where the guy seems to rise magically to a standing position?

It is from: Orpheus (1949). It aired on: Saturday, March 7.

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/277468/Orpheus-Movie-Clip-You-Will-Serve-Me.html

I have now seen your later post stating that you have found it. I am sorry that I did not reply sooner to save you trouble.

Edited by SansFin