Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seinfeld Actor Dies

Hibi

Seinfeld had more perfectly cast secondary parts than any show in history, and Von Bargen was one of them.  Very sad news.

I suppose it's not too surprising that instead of flowers, the family requested that contributions should be made to The Human Fund.  I understand that Jason Alexander is handling the distributions.

Seinfeld had more perfectly cast secondary parts than any show in history, and Von Bargen was one of them.  Very sad news.

I suppose it's not too surprising that instead of flowers, the family requested that contributions should be made to The Human Fund.  I understand that Jason Alexander is handling the distributions.

LMREO! I'd forgotten about that..........  I loved the Koko one too.

Von Bargen also was in "The Pine Bluff Variant," an excellent Season 5 episode of "The X-Files" in which Agent Mulder (David Duchovny) is assigned to infiltrate a terrorist group. While undercover, he joins the members in an apparent bank robbery. But it isn't a robbery. The real goal is to contaminate the money in the vault with a flesh-eating biotoxin.

I suppose that for Kruger hell would be a large city full of perfectly

polished buildings and monuments. Wasn't it at Kruger's that George

took over the spacious men's room as his temporary office? I haven't

watched Seinfeld recently, so it might have been somewhere else, but

I think it was at Kruger's. Yes, Georgie just isn't T-bone material.

No, that was at Playtime, George's last job before the series ended. Where he fudged his leg injury and got a free motorized wheelchair.  (LOL) Too bad the series didnt go on a bit longer. It was still at the top of its game when it ended.........

After reading the linked article, I recognized him from "O Brother, Where Art Thou?", but as I never got into SEINFELD all that much, didn't know or care much about the news in that respect. 

But, as he likely had close friends and loving family members, and he DID have some obvious talent, I'll pass my condolences to his survivors.  But, I WON'T go the "facebook fony" route and say that they'll "be in my prayers".  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

Oops. One job off. The guy did change them pretty often. Yes, I remember him being

chased by some senior citizens on theirs' and he just got up and started carrying it. Poor

George. Yes, I think it could have lasted another season or two.

It's a small TV world. I was watching an episode of The X Files a few nights ago and the

actress who played the woman whom Jerry stole the marble rye from had a supporting role.

LOL. That actress gets around. I happened to watch Blue Velvet again recently and she played Kyle's aunt. I've seen her in other things too.......

I really liked his face - it was intriguing. I first thought so back in 1995 when I saw Clive Barker's 'Lord of Illusions', in which he plays a satanic master witch.

So, we've now lost Kruger, who follows Uncle Leo. Another sad day.

I didn't realize she was also in Blue Velvet. She has likely been in

other TV shows that I've watched, but have forgotten about because

her role was pretty small. I believe she also had the deciding vote

in Morty's run for head of the council at the condo and, realizing that

Jerry was the one who had stolen her rye, voted against Morty, which

led to his departure in his Caddy. A sad day for American politics.

I didnt realize it either the first time I saw it (pre-Seinfled) Looks like someone complained this shouldnt be in General Discussions. Wonder who? (LOL)

I didn't realize she was also in Blue Velvet. She has likely been in

other TV shows that I've watched, but have forgotten about because

her role was pretty small. I believe she also had the deciding vote

in Morty's run for head of the council at the condo and, realizing that

Jerry was the one who had stolen her rye, voted against Morty, which

led to his departure in his Caddy. A sad day for American politics.

Yes, she had that flashback to the Marble Rye and changed her vote! (LOL).......

I didnt realize it either the first time I saw it (pre-Seinfled) Looks like someone complained this shouldnt be in General Discussions. Wonder who? (LOL)

Yes - I wonder indeed.

He was a movie actor as well. We have many threads about actors in GD when they pass.

If the thread had been titled with the actors name, it would probably not have been moved - but because "Seinfeld" was in the title, someone knee-jerked and had it moved.

Hard to vote for a parent who raised a marble rye thief.

Well, she forced him to thieve it by being an unreasonable ****. Turning down 50 bucks for a loaf of rye bread - just to be disagreeable. He shoulda cuffed across the ear while he was at it.

Yes, that is a mystery. I'll give you two guesses and the first one doesn't count. :)

Hard to vote for a parent who raised a marble rye thief.

LOL.  The one who thinks he owns this place.............That was pretty tacky to steal it. Cant blame  her  :D.

I really liked his face - it was intriguing. I first thought so back in 1995 when I saw Clive Barker's 'Lord of Illusions', in which he plays a satanic master witch.

So, we've now lost Kruger, who follows Uncle Leo. Another sad day.

Dont forget Mr. Pitt!!! :(   Mr. Bookman (the library cop) will probably be next. He looked pretty old. I did see him in a movie a couple years ago, so think he's still around.......

Yes, in the end it was her rye to do with as she wanted. I like the black and white

cookies that gave Jerry's stomach so much trouble. They're hard to find around here

and they're usually sold in a much smaller size. I used to eat the vanilla half and then

the chocolate half. Yummy.

Bookman was a hoot, coming on like a 1940s tough cop over library books. I can't recall

the actor's name but I've seen him in a few other shows. He must be fairly old by now.

Speaking of lookalikes, the actor who played George's fiancée's (Susan's) father was sort of a Jason Robards, Jr. lookalike.

I don't remember the exact circumstances, but I guess that marble rye

was very important to her. Not being much of a marble rye fancier, I

personally don't see it. Now if it was a chocolate fudge layer cake,

I'd understand.

Well, it was the last one, so I can see if she didnt want to wait around till the next batch (LOL).......

Yes, in the end it was her rye to do with as she wanted. I like the black and white

cookies that gave Jerry's stomach so much trouble. They're hard to find around here

and they're usually sold in a much smaller size. I used to eat the vanilla half and then

the chocolate half. Yummy.

Bookman was a hoot, coming on like a 1940s tough cop over library books. I can't recall

the actor's name but I've seen him in a few other shows. He must be fairly old by now.

Yes, he was so funny. You could see Jerry was trying hard not to crack up during their scenes..........

Philip Baker Hall was the actor who played Bookman the bookman.

He's had a very long career in both movies and TV. He is getting

up there--he's 83 and it looks like he's still working. Good for him.

Now about Tropic of Cancer.......

LOL. Thanks for that info. I figured he must be up there.

I thought it was the last one but I couldn't remember for sure. That adds to his

desperation, but still it wasn't a nice thing to do. Similar to the last chocolate

babka in another episode. Lots of trouble at the bakery.

Was that the one with the hair in it? LOL.