Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Roadshow Series not using Full "Roadshow" Versions???

Fosse Fan

I'm a veteran viewer of TCM and I greatly appreciate it's ability to maintain viewership, great movies, huge library, and still no commercials or on screen ads or bumpers. From time to time I would see something different like bleeping curse words or brief nudity, and you forgive those things in favor of all the advantages. However, this time around I felt like I have to comment on "Roadshow" not showing "Roadshow versions". It was especially sad to see the great Michael Feinstein and his wealth of knowledge, fully and correctly explain what roadshows were, and then introduce "Sweet Charity" with everything still chopped out the beginning, middle and end. "Sweet C" is such a great example of music, choreography, dance history, and then the cast!!; I was really disappointed. I don't own them all but I think the BD and DVD's contain all the extras.

Please, TCM, don't promote roadshows and herald the overtures, intermissions, entr'acte and exit music of not only these titles in the series, like "Star!" or "Oliver!", in addition to other roadshows like "Jumbo!", and then chop out all the music.     

• Like 1

Sorry to see you're so disappointed in the series. I guess TCM cannot do everything right all the time. It was a good idea for a Friday Night Spotlight. But maybe they should have waited till they could do it in a more satisfactory way for fans of roadshow versions.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings