Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Disney film request

NipkowDisc

I really enjoyed John Frankenheimer's The Young Stranger last week with a young James MacArthur but then I always do. the following year MacArthur starred in a disney vehicle set in pre-revolutionary colonial America as an abducted white youth raised by indians who as part of a treaty agreement is returned to his white relatives.

The film is of course The Light in the Forest directed by Hershel Daugherty and also stars Wendell Corey, Joanne Dru, Fess Parker and Carol Lynley.

Any chance of tcm getting a hold of that?...

or do I ask too much?

:)

I really enjoyed John Frankenheimer's The Young Stranger last week with a young James MacArthur but then I always do. the following year MacArthur starred in a disney vehicle set in pre-revolutionary colonial America as an abducted white youth raised by indians who as part of a treaty agreement is returned to his white relatives.

The film is of course The Light in the Forest directed by Hershel Daugherty and also stars Wendell Corey, Joanne Dru, Fess Parker and Carol Lynley.

Any chance of tcm getting a hold of that?...

or do I ask too much?

:)

I hope you are not asking too much, because I would like to see it also. Leonard Maltin would know, but he probably won't say anything until it is announced by TCM.

Nipkow--

I think it helps to use the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the main TCM page. There is a category about programming and you can make your request that way. Otherwise, you may be assuming they read all the threads on the forums, which I don't think they do. Just a suggestion...

Rumor has it that if one requests North By Northwest their wish will be granted!

Speaking of North by Northwest, years ago I submitted a TCM movie request featuring James Mason - Mandingo '75

To this day received nothing but crickets  :rolleyes:

My lust for a shirtless Ken Norton slave in a feature film continues to taunt my appetite  :wub:

• Wasn't Ken Norton in 'DRUM' as well?  Dunno if he was shirtless, though . . .

• If someone's that desperate for Disney movies head on over to the BYU Network (Ch. 374 on DirecTv); they're still airing Disney movies.  Seems like they bought a "package" from Disney at least 2 years ago of various Disney flims and the lease does not appear to be up yet. 

• THINGS:  Will TCM air James Garner's Disney films?  I believe he appeared in 2 films for Disney ("The Castaway Cowboy" was one of them).  TCM seems to like James Garner well enough so perhaps they'll air his Disney flicks. 

The worst Disney movie I've seen so far:  The Miracle Of The White Stallions (1963).  I found it to be very un-involving.  If you're drowsy and decide to watch it my bet is that you'll fall asleep before it's over. 

The worst Disney movie I've seen so far:  The Miracle Of The White Stallions (1963).  I found it to be very un-involving.  If you're drowsy and decide to watch it my bet is that you'll fall asleep before it's over. 

Could not disagree more with the above statement. Yes, the plot is a bit thin in places, but the whole point of the movie is to showcase those beautiful horses. The European locations don't hurt, either. It's one of my favorite Disney films from the 60s.

The Garner films were made in the 70s, after Walt's death. They're quite formulaic and while cute, definitely not among the actor's best. If that was the best Garner was being offered in movies, it's no wonder he went back to television and thus began his well-remembered run as Jim Rockford.

Over the years Disney has proved to be very protective of their library of films, I doubt the studio gave TCM its own key to the vault. You can bet that the deal they have with TCM is already "carved in stone" with specific titles  already chosen and approved by Disney.

TopBilled, the BYU Network has aired 'The Miracle Of The White Stallions' at least 3 times I can recall over the past two or 2½ years.  Probably more, actually.  I could never get into it.  Too dull.  Maybe a person has to like horses more than I do to enjoy it more.  I dunno . . .  

That said, I liked 'SUPERDAD' all right and I don't expect many others did.  It's not a good movie, but I found it watchable.  I don't have high standards, but movies that bore me are anathema to my viewing pleasure.     

Over the years Disney has proved to be very protective of their library of films, I doubt the studio gave TCM its own key to the vault. You can bet that the deal they have with TCM is already "carved in stone" with specific titles  already chosen and approved by Disney.

no doubt about that I be sure. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings