Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rear Window at the movies?

NipkowDisc

Our downtown theater:

We had Rear Window at the end of December - The Birds at the start of January. Sleeping Beauty (1959) and Breakfast at Tiffany's, in the middle of January.

Last weekend, we had Vertigo, Alice in Wonderland (1951), The Terminator, and coming on the 29th.. Blade Runner.

It's nice to get away from the small screen for awhile.

"Rear Window" could have been titled, "Peeping Tom" - a creepy movie which attempts to legitimize the exploits of neighborly espionage.

"What's your name"?

Alias

"What's your last name Alias"?

Whatever you want it to be

"What do you do for a living"?

Mind my own business

"Rear window at the movies"???

Oh, yeah, that's EXACTLY how our family would watch the movies at the Roadium Drive-In back in the day. Yep, Pop would back up that ol' '59 Chevy Brentwood Station Wagon we had and so its rear wheels were sittin' on that raised berm and so the rear window faced that big ol' movie screen, and then he's drop the tailgate and then.......ummmm....oh wait....sorry....never mind. Talkin' "Hitchcock" here, are we?!

;)

• Like 2

"Rear Window" could have been entitled, "Peeping Tom" - a creepy movie which attempts to legitimize the exploits of neighborly espionage.

"What's your name"?

Alias

Mine my own business

Yeah, and besides, when Grace Kelly is right by your side to look at, why on earth would ya want to look at a bleached blond Raymond Burr through a pair of freakin' binoculars???

(...though I suppose "Miss Torso" ain't too hard on the ol' eyes!!!)

• Like 1

"Rear Window" could have been entitled, "Peeping Tom" - a creepy movie which attempts to legitimize the exploits of neighborly espionage.

"What's your name"?

Alias

Mine my own business

This "mining" of his own business.....Is that a SHAFT mine?   Strip mine?  Or, is his BUSINESS mining?  Like, is it a coal, gold or diamond mine?

And since WHEN is voyerism an "entitlement"?

Sepiatone

"Rear Window" could have been titled, "Peeping Tom" - a creepy movie which attempts to legitimize the exploits of neighborly espionage.

With all those apartments so close together and with all the windows open, everyone in every apartment would have owned binoculars.

Btw, has anyone else around ever felt like I do that this movie is ONLY saved because of the casting of the dynamic Wendell Corey in it???

(...I guess Bruce Bennett was unavailable at the time, thank god)

Btw, has anyone else around ever felt like I do that this movie is ONLY saved because of the casting of the dynamic Wendell Corey in it???

(...I guess Bruce Bennett was unavailable at the time, thank god)

For Corey's role in REAR WINDOW, you should want a guy who seems bored, skeptical, has seen it all, and doesn't get excited about anything, not someone who is going to chew the scenery.

"What's your name"?

Alias

Mind my own business

One purpose of having windows in apartments is to look out the windows. Neighbors can always pull down their shades.

For Corey's role in REAR WINDOW, you should want a guy who seems bored, skeptical, has seen it all, and doesn't get excited about anything, not someone who is going to chew the scenery.

True, but then again I was only joking in this case and going for the non sequitur of placing the word "dynamic" with the name Wendell Corey.

(...yep, Wendell IS cast well in this movie and does well in it, I agree)

One purpose of having windows in apartments is to look out the windows. Neighbors can always pull down their shades.

Speaking of neighbors, windows and shades – just last week I ordered a roll of frosted window film for three windows facing an adjacent neighbor, not so they couldn’t see in and view my gorgeous form in its natural beauty but so I couldn’t see out (while letting daylight in) as I have no interest in what my neighbor doesthe purpose of frosted windows.   ;)

Speaking of neighbors, windows and shades – just last week I ordered a roll of frosted window film for three windows facing an adjacent neighbor, not so they couldn’t see in and view my gorgeous form in its natural beauty but so I couldn’t see out (while letting daylight in) as I have no interest in what my neighbor doesthe purpose of frosted windows.   ;)

Jeanne, is that you??!! I wondered who that georgeous girl was, then she put up that danged frosted window film!!

I enjoy going to see some movies on the Big Screen, that was so great about going to the TCM Festival. This way I can see some movies on the Big Screen without having to pay a small fortune. I have seen several movies on the Big Screen and had a whole different sense of watching a movie.

Many of the movies they show I have only seen on TV so this experience recreates "going to the movies". And guess what, everyone else in attendance is a classic movie film buff too. So its like the TCM Festival without the expense.

I enjoy going to see some movies on the Big Screen, that was so great about going to the TCM Festival. This way I can see some movies on the Big Screen without having to pay a small fortune. I have seen several movies on the Big Screen and had a whole different sense of watching a movie.

Many of the movies they show I have only seen on TV so this experience recreates "going to the movies". And guess what, everyone else in attendance is a classic movie film buff too. So its like the TCM Festival without the expense.

My condo shows movies every weekend, but they are almost always recent movies. This weekend, they are showing one of their very infrequent classic films. Believe it or not, it's NORTH BY NORTHWEST. What IS it about that film?

My condo shows movies every weekend, but they are almost always recent movies. This weekend, they are showing one of their very infrequent classic films. Believe it or not, it's NORTH BY NORTHWEST. What IS it about that film?

The answer to the question about North by Northwest is Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint.  For the 50's the dialogue was scandalous and I believe that was where I began to understand double entandres.  I mean being a teenager at the time even I understood the dining car conversation and loved the scene when he pops into the next hospital room and the patient stops screaming and starts flirting.

The answer to the question about North by Northwest is Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint.  For the 50's the dialogue was scandalous and I believe that was where I began to understand double entandres.  I mean being a teenager at the time even I understood the dining car conversation and loved the scene when he pops into the next hospital room and the patient stops screaming and starts flirting.

So they want double entendres for the 80-90 crowd at my condo?