Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The only Movie/Documentary I want to see...

JeanneCrain

To some this may be entering into a political arena but I would like to see some of the recent documentaries made about the Afghanistan and Iraq wars.

I don't think it is TCM's cup of tea or their duty to show them but they never seem to be on television anywhere.

Perhaps it is too unpatriotic to show the real thing?  In its day, Hearts and Minds was not a mainstream media favourite either.

Well, I just recently got a DVD copy of WOODSTOCK, my all time favorite documentary, so I can see it whenever I WANT!

Sepiatone

FWIW:

IMO; Festival Express 2003 was better than Woodstock - I have them both

For that matter, Gimme Shelter 1970 & Jimi Hendrix 1973 (which both can occasionally be seen on AXS) are arguably better as well.

Yea,  poor Chet.   He should have sleep with the window closed.    

Please elaborate....

Interesting guy and great jazz musician.   (but his singing is an acquired taste).

Really? I thought his singing was kind of mainstream, sweet sounding.

Remember Chet Baker's "Sunny Side of Life" audio clip TCM would use for afternoon movie openings? WAY better than the PD sound bites they use now.

Yea,  poor Chet.   He should have sleep with the window closed.    

Please elaborate....

Interesting guy and great jazz musician.   (but his singing is an acquired taste).

Really? I thought his singing was kind of mainstream, sweet sounding.

Remember Chet Baker's "Sunny Side of Life" audio clip TCM would use for afternoon movie openings? WAY better than the PD sound bites they use now.

The night was hot and Chet sleep right next to an open window and he fell out and died.

As for his singing;   his vocal range was very limited and on certain tunes to me it sound like he struggles to stay in key and \ or hit certain notes.    His voice is unique and I love the sparseness of the sound (e.g. limited instruments  backing him up).   I was already a big fan of his trumpet playing and would often play along with his records.     But the first few times my jazz musician friends and I would listen to him sing we looked at each other and said 'is he serious?'.   

As for mainstream;  well you could be right there since more than once,  when someone finds out I'm a jazz musician they will say they like jazz and mention Chet's singing records.  

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings