Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
StephenL

Audio out of sync

Comcast TCM HD channel 789 audio is out of sync with picture AGAIN.  SD TCM 501 is not or is any other channel.  I called and reported to Comcast.  She (CSR in Phillipines) had me unplug TV (has cable card) which did not resolve.  She also claimed channel will refresh in six hours!

I hope TCM can coerce Comcast to correct once and for all.   Meanwhile we'll have to watch SD TCM on 501.

Sincerely,

Stephen Lannes

Unfortunately this is a Comcast issue which TCM has no control over.  You will need to follow up with your cable provider to try and resolve this sync issue.

Thank you for reply.    I explained to Comcast every other HD channel is in sync. Comcast is useless.   Is frustrating to call since CSRs merely instruct to first unplug and replug in and wait for refresh in six hours.   Of course 24 hours latter still out of sync,

Will watch TCM on standard def 501 and hope someday they will correct.

Thank you again.

Stephen L

Tried one more time by reporting to Comcast. They refreshed agin to no avail.  When I told them I have Cable Card TV that has always worked perfectly except for TCM 789 HD.  Broken english rep said it means my cable card needs to be "repaired" and gave me a number to call.  Their response was they only activate cable cards.

Thus I give up ---no more TCM HD watching.

Sincerely,

Stephen Lannes

This was same problem back in November 2014 ---that TCM resolved since I could get no where with Comcast:

Advanced Member

• default_large.png
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

We have reported this to the associated parties but nothing heard back yet.  Thanks for the reports!

FROM AVS FORUM:

I just responded to you in the other thread and yes, there's definitely an audio lag on TCM HD 789. As far as a solution goes, I suspect you'll just have to wait until Turner gets around to fixing it.

Stephen L

Also from AVS.

So I'm not alone Comcast TCM HD 789 still out of sync.

I just looked myself and you're right, the audio is lagging behind the video. In a case like this, with a network like Turner, I suspect you'll just have to wait it out until they get around to fixing it.

Stephen L

Unfortunately this is a Comcast issue which TCM has no control over.  You will need to follow up with your cable provider to try and resolve this sync issue.

FROM AVS FORUM:

I just looked myself and you're right, the audio is lagging behind the video. In a case like this, with a network like Turner, I suspect you'll just have to wait it out until they get around to fixing it.

Ij ust responded to you in the other thread and yes, there's definitely an audio lag on TCM HD 789. As far as a solution goes, I suspect you'll just have to wait until Turner gets around to fixing it.