SHE (1965)...Ursula Andress

LOGAN'S RUN (1976)...Farah Fawcett

BARBARELLA (1968)...Jane Fonda

10 (1979)...Bo Derek

June 25

YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW (1963)...Sophia Loren

CALL ME BWANA (1963)...Anita Ekberg

• 1 month later...

WILL SUCCESS SPOIL ROCK HUNTER? (1957) has recently been replaced on the schedule by another 1957 Jayne Mansfield film, KISS THEM FOR ME. I have updated the original post to reflect that change.

KISS THEM FOR ME seems to be their go-to Jayne Mansfield film. They've only aired THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT once. And ROCK HUNTER just a few times.

KISS THEM FOR ME seems to be their go-to Jayne Mansfield film. They've only aired THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT once. And ROCK HUNTER just a few times.

TCM should show The Burglar.    This is one of her most natural performances (both in how she looks and how she acts).

While The Girl Can't Help It and Rock Hunter are fun films to see Jayne is cast in a very campy role but they are a perfect fit for pin-up girl as STOM.

TCM should show The Burglar.    This is one of her most natural performances (both in how she looks and how she acts).

While The Girl Can't Help It and Rock Hunter are fun films to see Jayne is cast in a very campy role but they are a perfect fit for pin-up girl as STOM.

If I'm not mistaken, I remember THE BURGLAR being set for broadcast on TCM a few years ago then at the last minute it was removed from the schedule. It never turned up again. I was kind of eager to see it.

• 1 month later...

What a great idea for SOTM!  Even my daughters, who are both in there 20's, were excited when I told them.  The pin-up girl subculture is something they enjoy. 

And my grandfather, were he still with us, would be thrilled to see his foot locker fav Jane Russell. lol!

Was sooooo happy to see the Betty Grable film "Pin Up Girl" last week. Burlesque star Dita von Teese has said Betty Grable is one of her all time favorites, and said in her book "Burlesque and the Art of the Teese" that Betty had one of the best 1940's bouffants ever in this film. I think she was referring to the pincurl covered bouffant in the opening number of the film.

Was sooooo happy to see the Betty Grable film "Pin Up Girl" last week. Burlesque star Dita von Teese has said Betty Grable is one of her all time favorites, and said in her book "Burlesque and the Art of the Teese" that Betty had one of the best 1940's bouffants ever in this film. I think she was referring to the pincurl covered bouffant in the opening number of the film.

I posted some photos from the film in the Live Thread at the General Discussions board. This was the first time I really sat down to look at the film carefully. Truly love it.

Archived