Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Studio Logos

antoniacarlotta

Here's a video of Universal's logos from 1912 through today. Which era's logos are your favorite or which studio's logo in general is your favorite?

My favorite is the one with Carl Laemmle's head in the globe - I think it's from about 1925!

Never seen that one before -- kinda weird!

My personal fave -- from the original release of The Man Called Flintstone (1966):

IZGbgJy.png

Nice work here, Antonia! You've done your family history proud.

My favorite was the Art Deco logo at 1:39 of your video.

(...btw...do ya ever get mistaken for comedian Sarah Silverman?...another very attractive young lady)

As Ogden Nash might ask, she's in the Laemmle faemmle?

very attractive young lady

Do TCM board rules permit the murmuring of sweet nothings to fellow posters? I also noticed she's an attractive young lady, and would like a moderator's ruling before I proceed.

• Like 1

How do you embed videos? For some reason mine are now showing up as links.

I just highlight the address bar and copy/paste it to the reply.  Sometimes just the link appears and a separate page opens up when clicked on.

It won't work with some Flash players embedded within the webpage itself.

Does anyone know if Fox Studios (pre 20th Century Fox) had a logo? I don't remember any.

From what I remember Warner Bros. had their big sign with the WB appearing, MGM had their lion,

Paramount had the mountain, Columbia had lady liberty, RKO had the radio signal, Universal had various logos and 20th Century Fox had their logo.

Does anyone know if Fox Studios (pre 20th Century Fox) had a logo? I don't remember any.

From what I remember Warner Bros. had their big sign with the WB appearing, MGM had their lion,

Paramount had the mountain, Columbia had lady liberty, RKO had the radio signal, Universal had various logos and 20th Century Fox had their logo.

There were none, just the name on the opening title.

hqdefault.jpg

The "William Fox Presents" credit seems to have been used throughout the silent era:

f4ibmkC.png

OYYUJOT.jpg

BaZvgfH.jpg

The credit was so ubiquitous it inspired a book title:

wXTAD6o.jpg

A 1929 talkie still had it:

B3i4XT6.jpg

And this musical from the next year:

TZWKTt1.jpg

Then William Fox lost a studio power struggle and the titles became corporate:

Rg2ydsO.jpg

MG0vcyN.jpg

My favorite was the Art Deco logo at 1:39 of your video.

(...btw...do ya ever get mistaken for comedian Sarah Silverman?...another very attractive young lady)

Thank you! I do get Sarah Silverman pretty often - quite a compliment :) 

I also love when Universal makes specialized logos for specific movies - that might be one of my next videos. Like this one for The Cat in the Hat: 

640px-1760030421pizapw1418009381.jpg

One of my favorites is the Orion one from the eighties.

My memory may be faulty because I thought that Thorn EMI was a studio at one time. I 've seen it preceding a film somewhere-maybe it was tv. At any rate, I think it's one of the best bold logos ever done:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorn_EMI

Oh my gosh,  that Orion one gave me flashbacks to the VHS tapes I had as a kid!

• Like 1

Oops, the Orion logo-intro I was thinking of was the one which preceded 'The Terminator' among others. Slightly different than the later, can be seen here:

There was also New World Pictures, Liked that one:

And Gorgon video, which I saw recently in the retro-vhs  version of House of the Devil:

I like the old universal logo from the early 1940s with the bold commanding music.

Hey ND, speaking of that "bold commanding music"...if it's the one I think you're referring to here, the 1941 Universal Pictures Fanfare... 

...then is it just me or do you also think John Williams might have "borrowed" a good piece of it when he wrote a certain section of his Superman Movie theme?

And now listen to the following at the 0:43 second mark...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings