Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

another rotten saturday

NipkowDisc

same old story, nuthin' on tcm, movies!, amc, etc. alotta cable channels like to throw these old 1960s tv westerns at us on saturdays. that crap is bad enough during the week.

so for me today it will be two good eps of leave it to beaver from five to six on antenna tv, then acquanetta'a 2nd gorilla babe flick at ten on svengoolie followed by the always dependable lost in space and voyage to the bottom of the sea.

also gonna see if I can lasso chappie. :)

same old story, nuthin' on tcm, movies!, amc, etc. alotta cable channels like to throw these old 1960s tv westerns at us on saturdays. that crap is bad enough during the week.

so for me today it will be two good eps of leave it to beaver from five to six on antenna tv, then acquanetta'a 2nd gorilla babe flick at ten on svengoolie followed by the always dependable lost in space and voyage to the bottom of the sea.

But on "Movies", tonight at 8, is HEAVEN CAN WAIT (1943), from Lubitsch

Why not get out of the house and take a long walk.   Oh wait,  that would require effort!

I cannot understand your post or what you are complaining about, much less what it has to do with TCM.  Incidentally, there were some good shows on TCM today.

Read a book or two or three.  Take a walk.  Go birding.  If your whole life is wrapped up in the boob tube then you got big big problems.

after the beginning of jungle woman decided not to watch when svengoolie made it clear we were gonna be getting a lot of that recycled clyde beatty animal trainer hs again. svengoolie is lame (I could outdo him) commander usa, elvira or uncle floyd would be better...a lot better.

I now watch Me-TV on Saturday for the fun of it...and I love Svengoolie and his efforts to make B and sometimes Z movies entertaining.  He has puns, he has observations and information about actors I would never have encountered, even in my 20 years of watching TCM.

So quit complaining about Svengoolie, go Back to the Future, adjust your atenna and watch the Big Movie from your ten year old's self. 

I now watch Me-TV on Saturday for the fun of it...and I love Svengoolie and his efforts to make B and sometimes Z movies entertaining.  He has puns, he has observations and information about actors I would never have encountered, even in my 20 years of watching TCM.

So quit complaining about Svengoolie, go Back to the Future, adjust your atenna and watch the Big Movie from your ten year old's self. 

If your advise of 'so quit your complaining' is meant for Nipkowdisc you might as well tell him not wake up in the morning.    Complaining is the center of his universe.   :lol:

• Like 3

Sounds like someone needs a DVR, or go to the goodwill and grab a vcr(You can get them for $8 to $10) to record stuff and watch later at your leisure. I know people here LOVE To hear people say this, but Feb and now March were/are pretty weak for films that haven't been on dozens of times before. Glad I have recorded tons of films in the past....Hopefully April will bring some nice surprises.

• Like 1

If your advise of 'so quit your complaining' is meant for Nipkowdisc you might as well tell him not wake up in the morning.    Complaining is the center of his universe.   :lol:

In his case, I don't even really think of it as "complaining" - seems too considered a word.

I think of it as grousing.

• Like 1

Now, that's a wonderful word we need to hear more often.  Is it a cousin to whinging?   

Great synonym, GayD!

Kinda have to go back about 100 years to find its most previous usage (although it does sound like a word John Cleese would use).

• 2 months later...

Remember when TCM used to have the good ole 'B' detective movies in the 10:30am slot?

No more. Now it's all drek.

• Like 1

Remember when TCM used to have the good ole 'B' detective movies in the 10:30am slot?

No more. Now it's all drek.

Indeed. I miss those. I liked the Nancy Drew mysteries at 10:30 and the Tarzan films at noon. Saturdays were made for those kind of films.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings