Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FredCDobbs

GUESS WHO?

Sorry, not Ann Carter.  This actress was in some silent films, but she is best remembered for her early thirties comedy work.  She was not a child actress and she did not have a long career.  

I must disqualify myself.

I know the person but I can't say who it is. I'll explain later.

Before I reveal who it is, let's give someone else a chance to identify the actress. In her silent days, she worked frequently with a famous dog.  In the early thirties, she worked with some well known kids.

Yes, it's the lovely June Marlowe, known to us as Miss Crabtree, the school teacher in the early thirties "Our Gang" comedies.  In the twenties, she was in several movies with Rin Tin Tin.  I was a bit careless when I posted the photo.  If you clicked on it, her name appeared at the bottom.  I'm sure it was because I used a different source than I normally do.  Thanks to Rich and Fred for not giving it away.

OK, Lavender, would you like to post one?

Too bad I didn't click on the photo, it would have saved me having to think about it LOL  I just used your clues to figure out who it was. Posted one above

Is it old grapefruit puss herself, Mae Clarke?  This photo must me from "Frankenstein", where she is about to be attacked by the monster on her wedding day.

Certainly, it's that ole grapefruit puss herself Mae Clark. Just wanted to post one that I thought wouldn't be too difficult to remember. Miles you got there first and thanks fred for posting those shots from Frankenstein. Your turn to post one Miles  :)

Thanks.  Do you know these kids.  They were very busy in the thirties and early forties.

721.jpg  2346.gif

They were brothers.  The younger one, in the second photo, was nicknamed after an Al Jolson song.

Yes, Rich, the Bupp brothers were in quite a few movies from 1934 to 1942.  You may remember Tommy as the roller skating son of W.C.Fields in "It's A Gift".  Sonny's real first name was Moyer.  His father called him Sonny after Al Jolson's famous song "Sonny Boy".  He played Charles Foster Kane III in "Citizen Kane".  They had two older sisters, Ann and June, who had brief movie careers.  Rich, would you like to post the next one?  

Not Sanders, but I do see the resemblance. This actor's career goes back a lot further than Sanders'.

Not Sanders, but I do see the resemblance. This actor's career goes back a lot further than Sanders'.

This guy appears to be middle-aged, so that would put him back there. Looks like Jack Hawkins too, but he's in the wrong era along with Sanders.

I believe lavender may have hit upon it.. 

Here's Ty, Sr.

Zz97vA0.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, good work to lavender and kid ... it is Tyrone Power (before he was known as "Sr.") from a 1918 production of Julius Caesar, with Power as Brutus.

Can you pick him out of this lineup of Shakespearean actors from 1921?

Untitled5_zpszr5bkfzt.png