Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Three Caballeros

Great music, some surreal images and a mix of live action and animation that predates Mary Poppins . . . .and course Domald Duck!

Agreed. The mix of animation and live action was surprisingly well executed. The Gene Kelly/Jerry the Mouse dance and the Esther Williams number against an animated background are the early ones which are always pointed out, but this was better. The divebombing of the bathing beauties by the 3 caballeros was a little sketchy in terms of its execution, but the musical number with the girl singer and band combined with the animated characters was pretty flawless.

• Like 1

Some strange comments about this film's surrealist images at the IMDb. Also, it seems that critics back in 1944 were mixed about the picture and its overall effectiveness.

In particular, Bosley Crowther opined:

"Dizzy Disney and his playmates have let their technical talents run wild."

• 5 months later...

TCM is showing some more Disney animation on October 28.

:)

The Three Little Wolves

The Big Bad Wolf

The Three Little Pigs

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad 

I highly recommend The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.  Such a fun set of films.  It's actually two short films that were packaged as one film.  There's one story based on Wind in the Willows featuring the character Mr. Toad, which was the basis for one of my favorite rides at Disneyland, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.  This story is narrated by Basil Rathbone.  The other story is the legend of Sleepy Hollow about Ichabod Crane.  Bing Crosby provides the voice of Ichabod and the narrator. 

I was so excited a couple years ago when I found a copy of this film used for $7.

I also love The Three Cabelleros.  It is typically packaged as a double feature with Saludos Amigos, but that film isn't as entertaining as The Three Cabelleros.