Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dave Clark in The VIPs and Becket

groupie2686

Dave Clark (of Dave Clark Five fame) was supposedly an extra in The V.I.P.s (1963) and Becket (1964)  - does anyone know where he can be found? I've seen both films fairly recently and didn't notice him.

I assume you're getting that information from the PBS special which aired recently. There was a brief passage when he talked about his extra work, which was accompanied by screen caps which showed the scene. PBS rebroadcasts some things, so maybe you could catch it again. My memory of that segment isn't clear enough to help you, though. Great 2-hour documentary, in case you haven't seen it. It was part of their Great Performances series, so maybe you could find it online.

P.S. I just realized I still have it on my DVR, so I checked. There's just a shot of the poster for "The V.I.P.'s" and a couple of shots of very large crowds for "Becket". I wouldn't be surprised if he were just part of some crowd in the airport in "The V.I.P.'s". It seems to have been the kind of extra work that involved large crowds in which it would be very difficult to isolate him. He also mentioned being part of the London Palladium audience for Judy Garland's concert performance in "I Could Go On Singing" but, again, it would probably be impossible to isolate him.

I assume you're getting that information from the PBS special which aired recently. There was a brief passage when he talked about his extra work, which was accompanied by screen caps which showed the scene. PBS rebroadcasts some things, so maybe you could catch it again. My memory of that segment isn't clear enough to help you, though. Great 2-hour documentary, in case you haven't seen it. It was part of their Great Performances series, so maybe you could find it online.

P.S. I just realized I still have it on my DVR, so I checked. There's just a shot of the poster for "The V.I.P.'s" and a couple of shots of very large crowds for "Becket". I wouldn't be surprised if he were just part of some crowd in the airport in "The V.I.P.'s". It seems to have been the kind of extra work that involved large crowds in which it would be very difficult to isolate him. He also mentioned being part of the London Palladium audience for Judy Garland's concert performance in "I Could Go On Singing" but, again, it would probably be impossible to isolate him.

I have seen the PBS special! I remember them showing a large crowd riding behind Richard Burton in Becket, I have no idea where you could find him in The V.I.P.s.  I'll take a look the next time I see either film, but I wondered if anyone had caught a glimpse of him in the background.