Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what on earth has happened to the schedule layout?

is there something wrong with my internet or have they rearranged the way the schedule is displayed in that section of this website?

it is the most confusing, disorganized mess I have seen in a long time. print is too tiny it's impossible to tell what time anything is coming on and the pictures attached are too big and just completely unnecessary.

did they hire Marissa Meyer to do this?

I hope it's some sort of glitch or just a temporary experiment because it is absolutely awful, clunky and impossible to read.

really?

weird : because I keep refreshing it and it keeps coming up as completely different from how it usually is. maybe it's because I'm looking on my phone.

Is anyone else getting this new format for the schedule thats just a wreck?

Must be your phone imagery.  Mine on my computer looks the same as always.

Looks okay at my end....

When squirrelly things occur that I can't quickly remedy on my PC, often a quick shut-down and reboot will remedy the situation.

Not sure, but may be likewise with your cell phone?

thanks for the feedback. It's totally weird though: it's still the same awful redesign on my phone when I looked at it just now.

what it looks like to me is that the schedule layout has been reformatted with emphasis given to pictures of the film posters or Dvd releases. Totally, but intentionally (and badly) redesigned.

There is a possibility that they may be gradually rolling it out for certain users before they force it on everyone. Iknow this has happened before ( it happened when they wrecked Yahoo about 2 years ago as I happened to be one of the "lucky" users who got the new and "improved" home page before everyone else)

I really do hope it's something glitchy with my phone because looking at this new schedule format it is absolutely awful.

thanks for the feedback. It's totally weird though: it's still the same awful redesign on my phone when I looked at it just now.

what it looks like to me is that the schedule layout has been reformatted with emphasis given to pictures of the film posters or Dvd releases. Totally, but intentionally (and badly) redesigned.

There is a possibility that they may be gradually rolling it out for certain users before they force it on everyone. Iknow this has happened before ( it happened when they wrecked Yahoo about 2 years ago as I happened to be one of the "lucky" users who got the new and "improved" home page before everyone else)

I really do hope it's something glitchy with my phone because looking at this new schedule format it is absolutely awful.

It looks the same as always to me, but I wouldn't put it past TCM to mess with the formatting.  I'm still steamed about the change they made to the monthly schedules in 2011, which made me go from being able to copy and paste the entire month into a workable Word document in about ten seconds, to now having to copy and paste each movie separately in four different sections.  What used to be a simple matter of pasting an entire month's schedule and zapping the movies I didn't want to watch, which took 20 or 30 minutes a month at most, now takes several hours or more.  And they've yet to give a coherent explanation for the change.

Guest TCMModerator1

What type of phone do you have and what browser are you using to look at the schedule?

What type of phone do you have and what browser are you using to look at the schedule?

thank you very much for the concern, but for whatever reason the schedule page has returned to normal on me phone.

I *swear* the entire afternoon, whenever I checked in, it was a real mess, but as of a couple hours ago, its back to how it always was: so no worries.

PS: you're doing a very good job. SO MUCH more personable and friendly (and diligent) than your predecessor.

I noticed an issue earlier today in looking at the daily schedule on my iPhone 4s (both Safari and Chrome browsers) - the schedule looks OK but it is "zoomed in" and I am unable to resize the page using the usual pinch/stretch gestures.  I can move around on the page to eventually see the information but I can't zoom in or out.  Never had this problem before.  Still happening since I last checked a few minutes ago.

After researching the "no zoom" issue on the internet, I discovered that there are web sites that intentionally force this behavior on browsers, and are specifically preventing zooming in and out while viewing their web page.  Perhaps others can reply here and let me know if this new TCM schedule behavior is the same for them, or if this is somehow limited to me.

If this behavior is universal, my guess is that TCM may have recently enforced this restriction for some reason.  I must say that I don't understand this choice, as I like to be able to look at the entire page (tiny though it may be) and then focus in on specific portions of interest.

I may get in trouble for saying this, but I found a website that explains a method for getting around the "no zoom" policy.  I can provide the details if anyone is interested.

I noticed an issue earlier today in looking at the daily schedule on my iPhone 4s (both Safari and Chrome browsers) - the schedule looks OK but it is "zoomed in" and I am unable to resize the page using the usual pinch/stretch gestures.  I can move around on the page to eventually see the information but I can't zoom in or out.  Never had this problem before.  Still happening since I last checked a few minutes ago.

Just checked on my android phone  (ZTE model Z830, with version 4.4.2), and I can pinch/stretch with both the default browser and the Chrome browser.

Just checked on my android phone  (ZTE model Z830, with version 4.4.2), and I can pinch/stretch with both the default browser and the Chrome browser.

Thank you for your quick reply!  I am envious that the schedule page has not changed for you.  I guess my next question would be if all iPhones are the same - now that Apple is up to the iPhone 6, my 4s model may be getting out of date.  (Or perhaps I'm looking for an excuse to upgrade.)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings