Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New channels and the "shifting aspect"!

Sepiatone

My cable company has just added two new channels to it's line-up.  Classic TV shows on 'em.

They are called "H&I" ("Heroes and Icons") and "Decades"( I think), but I've noticed something weird---

When I first click on them, there's black bars on both sides of the screen.  But after a few minutes, I notice the image "shifts" to the right, the bar on the right side vanishes, and so does much of the image on the right.  If, for example, there's an ad with a phone number displayed, I get only half of the number.  shifting up a channel and back down corrects the situation, but only temporarily.  I've yet to contact my cable provider to ask about this and wondered if any of you "tech minded" people in here, if you can fathom what the hell I'm talkin' about, can offer an explanation of this?  Oh, it doesn't happen on the old TUBE TV I still have in my bedroom(as the BARS on the sides don't show up on IT, either), NOR the SMALLER flat panelled set in another room.  Just the large 50" widescreen rear projection set in my living room!  Oh, and it also does it on COZI, which I've had for some time now.

Any ideas?

Sepiatone