Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HelenBaby2

News about Robert Osborne

Just got notice on Facebook that he's having a medical procedure and will miss the film festival next week.. Thought people might like to know.

Very sad news. The festival wont be the same without him. I'll miss his live feeds from the Festival this year. Hope it's not serious.........

• Like 1

I hope to hear "Hi, I'm Robert Osborne..." on my TV for many more years to come.

(...and so, get well soon, Bob!)

• Like 2

This is from the Classic Film Festival Latest News on this website - dated 3-18-15.   Best wishes to Robert and he will be missed - I was looking forward to the interview with Sophia Loren and perhaps Christopher Plummer......

"To all you members of the TCM family:
I'm Robert Osborne and I want to tell you about a funny thing that happened to me on the way to this year's Film Festival. I’ve been putting off a minor health procedure (as everyone tends to do now and then). I planned to take care of it as soon as the Festival was over but my doctor said, "enough already, Osborne. Let’s get this done now so that sooner rather than later you can get back to introducing movies on TCM.” So that's what I'm in the process of doing right now—taking care of that medical procedure.

The downside is that it means I won’t be joining you at this year’s Festival in Hollywood—very disappointing for me because for the past six years the TCM Classic Film Festival has been one of the things I've enjoyed most: sharing the Festival with you, the great sense of community we have, the conversations with so many of you Festival goers as well as the gifted actors and artisans who are part of the classic films we show, the pure joy of it all. But as we all know, one's health is a gift, and has to be protected and put first. Rest assured that the many talented hosts at the Festival, including Ben Mankiewicz, will be helping you have the very best Festival going experience.

I know you'll enjoy the wonderful films we have programmed, and meeting the gifted artists who are participating in this exceptional event. Enjoy every moment of it and make as many memories and new friends as you can. And rest assured, I’ll be seeing you again, very soon.
But right now: on with the show.
Cheers,
Robert Osborne"

• Like 2

I was also looking forward to the interview with Sophia Loren, and Robert's interaction with fans, as well as the Gala Premiere, cinemafan.

Here's the short article I wrote: http://www.examiner.com/article/tcm-host-robert-osborne-bows-out-of-2015-tcm-film-festival

The link to the letter you posted, which has been sent to all TCM Film Festival 2015 passholders, is also embedded in my article.

I'm saying prayers and thinking good thoughts because he will be missed.

All good wishes to Mr. Osborne for a swift recovery.  I'm sure he will be greatly missed at this year's Festival.

It's a tradeoff and I know Festival goers will really miss him and "the pure joy of it all" which he helps make possible, but I'm glad this means he'll be back on the air that much sooner. He's absolutedly right that health is a gift and has to be put first. It can't be about the timing. Best wishes, Robert.

There's nothing more important than one's health.

We look forward to see you back in your "Hi, I'm Robert Osborne" form once again as soon as possible, Robert.

I hope the medical procedure is as smooth as one of your interviews.

• Like 2

What's scary(sort of) is that this "medical procedure" is supposed to, I guess, be more or less "routine".

Just like JOAN RIVERS' "procedure" was supposd to be!

Best wishes and luck to you, Bob!

I'd say you're in my prayers, but I HAVEN'T SAID "prayers" since I was a little tyke!  But, I'm pullin' for ya!

Sepiatone

• Like 1

I was listening to a podcast interview with Ben and apparently his health problems from a couple of years ago were very serious. Ben didn't specify but did state Robert was doing a lot better than he was during that leave of absence during that time. But this interview was before yesterday's announcement.

I was listening to a podcast interview with Ben and apparently his health problems from a couple of years ago were very serious. Ben didn't specify but did state Robert was doing a lot better than he was during that leave of absence during that time. But this interview was before yesterday's announcement.

Yes, I can only think it must be serious to miss the festival. :(

All good wishes to Mr. Osborne for a swift recovery.  I'm sure he will be greatly missed at this year's Festival.

Should TCM be offering a refund to those who signed up for the Festival in anticipation of interacting with Osborne?

Should TCM be offering a refund to those who signed up for the Festival in anticipation of interacting with Osborne?

Were you?  Who is to say that by going to a film festival that you would be able to 'interact' with one of its attendees or hosts anyway?

I think if you bought the top tier tickets, there are some exclusive events for those people.

Reply for Bogie, not DGF

ETA: my first response makes no sense. Let me try again.

If someone purchases a top tier ticket there a special events that are attended by Robert, Ben and some TCM staff members where it's a meet & greet. Since there's a limited number of those passes, it keeps the events more intimate. On the cruises, which I've attended, you run into Robert, Ben and the guests all the time. Margaret O'Brien asked me where she could get a hot dog. Lol.

If some Festival goers are attending solely to meet Mr. Osborne, I suppose they could request a refund.  I assume most are there for the whole experience, and imagine they would understanding about his absence.