Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

new tcm song with out takes

I have been watching this TCM song with out takes from many movies. Can anyone tell me either who or what the movie is of the girl after Dustin Hoffman??? I think I seen it but just can't place it and it's driving me up the wall. In case you can't place what i am talking about it is the song that mentions "the essentials" and "under the influence" oh i can't remember the others. please help, any idea of who it might be will be closer to what I have.

I have been watching this TCM song with out takes from many movies. Can anyone tell me either who or what the movie is of the girl after Dustin Hoffman??? I think I seen it but just can't place it and it's driving me up the wall. In case you can't place what i am talking about it is the song that mentions "the essentials" and "under the influence" oh i can't remember the others. please help, any idea of who it might be will be closer to what I have.

Are you talking about TCM's  March promo video that is underscored by the song "Under the influence"?

If so they are not out takes but actual clips from the movies.

After the clip with Dustin Hoffman the woman dancing is Edie Sedgwick from CIAO! MANHATTAN from 1972.

6042e4340e6b9c3ed68a5812d6c3536f.jpg

Who is singing March Promo Video? Anybody know who wrote it? Thanks culture vultures  

That's Elle King singing, who happens to be Rob Schneider's daughter. Tune is written by King and Dave Bassett.

• 8 months later...

The song used for TCM's December 2015 promo is "Air."

It's sung by Sam Dew.

Holden, it's very cool that you know all these artists, the singers and song-writers behind all those TCM promos. I'm impressed !

Plus, it shows you have good taste in music, because I like not only the promos, the way they edit a series of clips together so cleverly, but the songs they pick to accompany them. I think there's a real art to doing this - putting together those promos - and I'm glad someone at TCM is adept at that art.

• Like 3

The song used for TCM's December 2015 promo is "Air."

It's sung by Sam Dew.

thanks, Holden

the same question comes up every month.

just wish TCM would credit the singer/song when they post their videos.

that's just common sense, right? ;)

Just wondering why TCM only seems to use female singers whenever they post a new song?

I've been listening for many months now, and cannot remember anything but...

Well, the song used for TCM's current monthly promo (December 2015) is  "Air," which is sung by Sam Dew.

Sam Dew is a male.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering why TCM only seems to use female singers whenever they post a new song?

I've been listening for many months now, and cannot remember anything but...

Seems like TCM used to use a song done by Chet Baker. Of course, Chet singing without his usual instrument, sounds a bit female so maybe no one noticed.

Thanks also to Holden for the amazing trivia knowledge about the original question posted in this thread about TCM music accompaniment, et cetera.

• 1 year later...

I love the monthly highlight videos TCM does showcasing the stars of the month, etc.

It took a bit of looking but the one for July featuring Diane Keaton, Ronald Colman and Hitchcock50 is "Change your Ways or Die" by the Cactus Blossoms.

• Like 1

I love the monthly highlight videos TCM does showcasing the stars of the month, etc.

It took a bit of looking but the one for July featuring Diane Keaton, Ronald Colman and Hitchcock50 is "Change your Ways or Die" by the Cactus Blossoms.

Thanks for being a good detective and finding the info on that song that's been playing this month.  I like it and I was wondering who the artist was.

• Like 1