Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CNN: Liza Minelli in rehab.

sorry I can't post the link since I'm using my mobile, but cnn.com is reporting that the 68 year old Oscar winner has entered a rehabilitation facility. all jokes aside: best wishes, and I really hope she gets better and i also hope it doesn't have too much to do with the shabby, shabby way she was treated at the Oscars 2 years ago.

• Like 1

AGAIN?

Yes, again.

As someone who comes from a family with serious substance abuse problems, i can testify that it's a long, complicated process and once you're an addict always an addict.

an article I read on RadarOnline claimed Liza has been living with a sober coach for quite some time and that she is largely doing this to keep their behavior in check.

addiction isn't easy to understand and it certainly isn't always easy to feel compassion for people who keep falling down that hole: but you should at least try to understand and try to feel some compassion for it.

• Like 3

Yes, again.

As someone who comes from a family with serious substance abuse problems, i can testify that it's a long, complicated process and once you're an addict always an addict.

an article I read on RadarOnline claimed Liza has been living with a sober coach for quite some time and that she is largely doing this to keep their behavior in check.

addiction isn't easy to understand and it certainly isn't always easy to feel compassion for people who keep falling down that hole: but you should at least try to understand and try to feel some compassion for it.

Is it drinking or something else I wonder. Never knew what her addictions were............

Is it drinking or something else I wonder. Never knew what her addictions were............

My SO & I think it's pills that are her main issue. She has some hip & knee problems, like most dancers. I can imagine there's temptation to self medicate.

I lost a sibling to alcoholism. I wouldn't wish that on any family.

Very well said, LHF.

Anyone who has ever loved someone with addiction problems can relate to what you're saying here.

• Like 1

Addiction can sneak up on you.

I recall a co-worker at an old company of mine. A lovely lady with an easy going personality who worked in a number of postions ranging from receptionist to secretary. I noticed that she was missing from work for a prolonged period, however, and asked about her but only received vague replies as to the reasons for her absence.

She finally came back to work again and when I asked her how she had been she was straight up with me, telling me that she had a hell of a time with the pain killers that she took because of blinding migraines from which she had long suffered.

After another year or so passed, she was gone again, on another "temporary absence." People, again, didn't know what had happened to her or didn't choose to talk about it. Only this time Elaine didn't come back.

I never did hear what happened to her, but I know that she struggled valiantly (and silently) with her demons and only wished her the best. She was a very sweet, classy lady, I thought, who deserved better than to have her life turned inside out by a pain killer.

• Like 1

hollywood destroys. :)

Yeah, as we "know"...the heartland contains few troubled souls at all.

(...and the few that ARE there are there 'cause they watched the "wrong kind'a movies" somewhere along the way, huh) ;)

LOL

Yeah, as we "know"...the heartland contains few troubled souls at all.

(...and the few that ARE there are there 'cause they watched the "wrong kind'a movies" somewhere along the way, huh) ;)

LOL

I live in Alabama and there are meth busts almost every day of the week. About as far from Hwood as you can get, physically and metaphorically.

Good thoughts for Liza.  It's hard to mange chronic pain, any pain, and I wish her well.

A few years ago she was a guest on the Home Shopping Network with a fashion line.  She was zany and vastly entertaining.  I think of her whenever I wear a velvet jacket from the show.

I live in Alabama and there are meth busts almost every day of the week. About as far from Hwood as you can get, physically and metaphorically.

In 2013 the top 10 states ranked by the number of meth lab seizures were

1. Indiana

2. Tennessee

3. Missouri

4. Ohio

5. Illinois

6. Michigan

7. North Carolina

8. Kentucky

9. Oklahoma

10. South Carolina

With the exception of the last two, all of these states are located fully or partly in Appalachia or the Rust Belt.  Desperate people do desperate things to forget.

I just watched CABARET last night and was completely blown away by Liza. What a powerhouse. She completely carried that film.

I was reminded of TELL ME YOU LOVE ME JUNIE MOON, which she also carried. What talent.

And what a funny intelligent woman....apparent in any interview...and I think she still looks great.

Liza is a true American treasure of an entertainer....one of the few remaining "triple threats". I hope she's aware of the affection & respect we have for her.

So glad she is on top of her addiction and refuses to allow it to bring her down, like her beloved Mom.

• Like 1

Yes, again.

There are all sorts of addictions. I am addicted to endorphins. On the rare day that I don't work out, I feel incredibly low and sluggish.