Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Dabb

A family affair

Here's one that shouldn't take long:

This highly esteemed British actor holds a distinction as playing a well-known fictional character at least three times plus the fictional character's brother and good friend. His grandson has now made his mark successfully playing the same character. Who are the 2 and the literary character they share?   

Here's a hint: The elder Brit became mostly identified with a horror figure. The fictional character I'm looking for is not his horror role.

Here's a hint: The elder Brit became mostly identified with a horror figure. The fictional character I'm looking for is not his horror role.

Another hint?

Another hint?

DGF, you get another hint.

The elder Brit recently died. His grandson is making his mark on TV playing the role I'm looking for.

DGF, you get another hint.

The elder Brit recently died. His grandson is making his mark on TV playing the role I'm looking for.

I think I have to retire this and leave the thread open..sorry!

I was going for Christopher Lee who played Sherlock Holmes, Mycroft Holmes and Sir Henry Baskerville as well as playing in "Dark Shadows" with Jonny Lee Miller who plays Holmes in "Elementary" . Where it got confusing was that Miller is Bernard Lee's grandson not Christopher Lee's. 

Thread's open.

In one of John Ford's westerns, a real life mother and son portray mother and son.  Do you know who they are and the movie that they are in together?

In one of John Ford's westerns, a real life mother and son portray mother and son.  Do you know who they are and the movie that they are in together?

In The Searchers, Olive Carey was Harry Carey and Vera Miles mother Mrs. Jorgensen , Harry Carey Jr. plays Brad Jorgensen. It was a tribute to Harry Carey Sr. having them play mother and son.

You are correct, Lavender.  Here are mother and son.

2677-16780.gif 2671-16780.gif

John Wayne's own tribute to Harry Carey Sr. was to pose holding his right arm with his left hand, a favorite pose of Carey's.

searchers.jpg hc.png  

It's your thread, Lavender.  Happy 4th!

Thanks Miles, great week-end weather in NE hope you got to play golf  ;)

Father and his 2 daughters appeared in a 1940's film together. The famous family and the film ??

Yes that's it Miles. Hayley had an uncredited role as a baby. All 3 also appeared together in a Love Boat episode Good work your thread

This thread sort of slipped through the cracks.  Let's bring it back.  An actress who would go on to become a well known movie star, appeared as a young child in one of her famous father's best known films in the sixties.  She was about five years old at the time.  She would achieve stardom in the eighties and nineties.  Who is she and who is her father?  

This thread sort of slipped through the cracks.  Let's bring it back.  An actress who would go on to become a well known movie star, appeared as a young child in one of her famous father's best known films in the sixties.  She was about five years old at the time.  She would achieve stardom in the eighties and nineties.  Who is she and who is her father?  

Guessing Jennifer Jason Leigh and Vic Morrow.

Yes, Bridget Fonda was five years old when she appeared as a child in a commune in her father's movie "Easy Rider" in 1969.  She would not appear in another movie until the eighties.  Good job, Arsan.  Now it's your turn to post a question.

A famous actress fell in love with her costar while shooting a movie. They had a son together but didn't get married. 30 years later, their son directed them in a movie. The actress and actor got married afterwards.

Name of the actress, actor and (first) movie they made together.

You got them, Lavender.  Do you think there's just a bit of a resemblance?

robert-mitchum-bw.jpg?w=255&h=300   MV5BOTM5NTQ4MDgwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQz  

500px-Thrd-brn5b.jpg

The thread is yours, Lavender.

Thanks, an unbelieveable resemblance. Good question Miles  :)

This actor showed up on 2 episodes of a tv show that his sisterco-starred in. One episode involved a dog and getting the boy back his dog. 50-60's sit-com.Show and the real life siblings ???