Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unsung heroes at Oscar time!

Sepiatone

The big thing here in Detroit is the presentation of both a musical and art exhibit concerning both FRIDA KAHLO and DIEGO RIVERA.  And it made me think of something...

Some years back( not TOO many) there was a movie made about the life of artist FRIDA KAHLO starring SALMA HAYEK.

Now, I've seen both photos and paintings of MS. KAHLO, and she was NOT a raving beauty.  For Ms. HAYEK to play her in a movie would have called for the make-up man or team to REALLY "ugly her up".

And, for being able to do THAT, they SHOULD have won an OSCAR!

It CAN'T be easy to "uglify" SALMA HAYEK!!  :P

Sepiatone

• Like 1

The big thing here in Detroit is the presentation of both a musical and art exhibit concerning both FRIDA KAHLO and DIEGO RIVERA.  And it made me think of something...

Some years back( not TOO many) there was a movie made about the life of artist FRIDA KAHLO starring SALMA HAYEK.

Now, I've seen both photos and paintings of MS. KAHLO, and she was NOT a raving beauty.  For Ms. HAYEK to play her in a movie would have called for the make-up man or team to REALLY "ugly her up".

And, for being able to do THAT, they SHOULD have won an OSCAR!

It CAN'T be easy to "uglify" SALMA HAYEK!!  :P

Sepiatone

Yes, that make-up team should have won an Oscar but after that been shot for messing with the raving beauty that Salma Hayek is. 

This is a case where I don't wish for a film to be realistic when dealing with historical characters.    Don't mess with Salma!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings