Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hail Computron!

NipkowDisc

nipkowdisc's new computer, the adventure continues...

I was on the dell website lookin' at these inspirons that are bigger and badder than mine with their 1 TB hard drives and 4th generation intel core processors but they're conventional sized pc units, not small, compact and streamlined like mine. I got it up here on my desk instead of the floor. the unit is about the size of a moderately thick encyclopedia. take that any day over a full sized floor unit. got this old white pb keyboard with a now outdated wire for a ps/2 socket. hafta discard that today. between the 500 GB hard drive in my new machine and my external maxtor 200 GB hard drive I got 700 GBs worth of space. not too shabby. I mean these new SSDs they're puttin' in laptops is a crock for only 16 or 32 GBs. the whole planned obsolescence game it be. doan matter. this be my last acquisition it be.

oh, me new sony headphone. only twenty dollars but just like my 80 dollar audio-technica headphone I bought like ten years ago and have and prize it I do. just like my audio-technica my new sony headphone has 30mm neodymium drivers and CCAW voice coils..just like my audio-technica. just one closing observation, my new computer is so laptop-ish. the keyboard is like a laptop keyboard. why it even has a laptop power supply rather than the conventional power cord. now I a gonna be havin' breakfast. somebody brought me over some delicious home-baked brownies and chocolate chip cookies...oh, and I got a container chock full of tootsie roll midgees. :D 

nipkowdisc's new computer, the adventure continues...

I was on the dell website lookin' at these inspirons that are bigger and badder than mine with their 1 TB hard drives and 4th generation intel core processors but they're conventional sized pc units, not small, compact and streamlined like mine. I got it up here on my desk instead of the floor. the unit is about the size of a moderately thick encyclopedia. take that any day over a full sized floor unit. got this old white pb keyboard with a now outdated wire for a ps/2 socket. hafta discard that today. between the 500 GB hard drive in my new machine and my external maxtor 200 GB hard drive I got 700 GBs worth of space. not too shabby. I mean these new SSDs they're puttin' in laptops is a crock for only 16 or 32 GBs. the whole planned obsolescence game it be. doan matter. this be my last acquisition it be.

oh, me new sony headphone. only twenty dollars but just like my 80 dollar audio-technica headphone I bought like ten years ago and have and prize it I do. just like my audio-technica my new sony headphone has 30mm neodymium drivers and CCAW voice coils..just like my audio-technica. just one closing observation, my new computer is so laptop-ish. the keyboard is like a laptop keyboard. why it even has a laptop power supply rather than the conventional power cord. now I a gonna be havin' breakfast. somebody brought me over some delicious home-baked brownies and chocolate chip cookies...oh, and I got a container chock full of tootsie roll midgees. :D

oh yeah,  these new small compact designed desktops? the term being used is small form factor. the dell inspiron i3646-2600BLK is the only small form factor dell inspiron...

and I have it...which is as it should be.  small be cool.  :)

only gonna say this once...this site is slow even on my new machine. 

why are tootsie roll midgees so good? reminds me of an ep of dennis the menace. to avoid having to attend dennis' birthday, george and martha go to visit relatives for the weekend.

they're sitting in the living room after dinner when the annoying wife of george's relative jim offers them some after dinner candies. george casually unwraps the candy but jim's wife who is an annoying fusspot is right there to put the candy wrapper in her personal handheld trash recepticle. wonder if those candies are tootsie roll midgees?

what does that hafta do with my new computer? nothing, of course. :) well, that be about it. can't think of anything else to brag about. wonder about that old clunker o' mine. good for parts? that soundblaster card is still a quality item.

:)