Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

T.c.m. is cruel

28Silent

I just found out that Martha Eggerth dies at 101 back in 2013.T.C.M never mention this .What's worse they never had a film tribute to her.If they were more open to film history ,which they are not,or let's say barely.They could of premiered some of her German and Austrian film she did from 1930 to 38,right before she fled to the united states.From early  Wiemar ,"The Blue of The sky,1932," to Waltz Melodies,which costarred Philip Dorn,who would eventually flee too.She may not of been a big movie star in the united states,but. she was a good actress ,singer and even dancer

I just found out that Martha Eggerth dies at 101 back in 2013.T.C.M never mention this .What's worse they never had a film tribute to her.If they were more open to film history ,which they are not,or let's say barely.They could of premiered some of her German and Austrian film she did from 1930 to 38,right before she fled to the united states.From early  Wiemar ,"The Blue of The sky,1932," to Waltz Melodies,which costarred Philip Dorn,who would eventually flee too.She may not of been a big movie star in the united states,but. she was a good actress ,singer and even dancer

Unless one is into opera/operetta or Broadway, most people wouldn't know whom you were referring to.  I had to Google her to find out the info. This sort of tribute would had been suitable for the A&E channel. She was a beautiful woman nonetheless. RIP

eggerth_2776660b.jpg

Marta-Eggerth.jpg

Not sure how this omission makes TCM 'cruel.' Also, if it took two years for the OP to find out Eggerth died, how is he in a position to point a finger at TCM's programming department...?

LOL. TCM doesnt do tributes to everyone that dies anyway. Even better known people like Lizabeth Scott didnt get one. I'm sure no slight was intended. They probably didnt know who she was.........

The OP is a former poster who went by the name of Mike McGee who would only post about TCM ignoring Nazi era films & stars from Germany. He never interacts with other posters and was banned under his former name. This post is just a milder version of those things he used to post.

He's not sincere.

• Like 1

Not sure how this omission makes TCM 'cruel.' Also, if it took two years for the OP to find out Eggerth died, how is he in a position to point a finger at TCM's programming department...?

I agree, however, HE may feel TCM is in a better position to have been AWARE of it faster and easier than the rest of us.  For all HE knows, this news might have surprised THEM as well!

Sepiatone

The OP is a former poster who went by the name of Mike McGee who would only post about TCM ignoring Nazi era films & stars from Germany. He never interacts with other posters and was banned under his former name. This post is just a milder version of those things he used to post.

He's not sincere.

LOL. Good detective work, Helen! :D

Have I missed something?  Is there a 'new' and 'improved' spelling for 'concert'? 

28silent has it as 'conscert' along with his nearly-illiterate original post.  I conclude after reading the OP 'Mike McGee/28silent' must be a 6th grade drop-out.  Jeepers.

'would of', huh?  Try 'would've'.  It's a contraction for 'would have'. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if he's applied for a job using this kind of grammar on his application? 

QUESTION:  'Why do you feel qualified for this job?'

ANSWER:  "You cruel people.  Marhta die and you people dont' care.  Anything to be mean to you!  I din't do what you asked but I would of!  I don't would of and you didn't care!  No nothing to mak me happy with dieing in bed with a book!  I want a Martha movie!  That why I 'm qualifeyed four your job offer!  To be happy!  Is with German celebrity movies singing!  But you would of!  But dont' take them serously!  Screw you!"

JOB INTERVIEWER READING APPLICATION:  "What the hell is this s-h-it?"

JOB INTERVIEWER READING APPLICATION:

Yeah, I too think of this scenario when I read some of the posts here. Then, and when I see people wearing shorts in March showing all the tattoos on their legs.

Guess we'll always need shopping cart wranglers.

Have I missed something?  Is there a 'new' and 'improved' spelling for 'concert'? 

28silent has it as 'conscert' along with his nearly-illiterate original post.  I conclude after reading the OP 'Mike McGee/28silent' must be a 6th grade drop-out.  Jeepers.

I wonder if he's applied for a job using this kind of grammar on his application? 

ANSWER:  "You cruel people.  Marhta die and you people dont' care.  Anything to be mean to you!  I din't do what you asked but I would of!  I don't would of and you didn't care!  No nothing to mak me happy with dieing in bed with a book!  I want a Martha movie!  That why I 'm qualifeyed four your job offer!  To be happy!  Is with German celebrity movies singing!  But you would of!  But dont' take them serously!  Screw you!"

DANG, GORMAN----

You "DOAN" haffta be so crew-al!  ;)

Sepia-toan

more ignorance life is a joke to everyone know a days... always talking and talking never taking any action oyu know what a cult come to cuase disaster is what w eneed to show poeople? like ou your just talk see i can type on a keyboard to your not very talented ;D have a good day

:lol:

[That was just a sample of someone else's **** I saved for posterity.]

edit:  I guess baby words like d o o d o o are too v u l g a r here.   Mmm okay...

If he's such a fan of nazi era films, English may not be his first language. You can rip him for his post but, not for trying to use a foreign language. These films are universally loved all over the world. While this guy might be a bad example, Int'l film fans should be welcomed I think. And pardon a mistake or two.

And while I am a fan of German Expressionism, crying about what TCM didn't do and be two years late about it helps nothing.

That's what message boards like this one are for. Here and other sites are where I hear about things like this most of the time.

Or better yet, talk about your favorite stars while they are still alive !

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings