Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

evil of frankenstein tonite on svengoolie

NipkowDisc

I watch Svengoolie now most Saturday nights.  I noted that last night he spoke about the fact that they had obtained a better copy of the film that was clearer and brighter, so even Universal sees the benefit of cleaning up the classics.  I have no idea what Svengoolie's audience ratings are, but who cares.  I enjoy him.

Yesterday I was at an event sponsored by the local channel that manages Me-TV and he commented that for the first time Me-TV outranked other stations including FOX in the afternoon slots.  I guess that is all of us silver haired viewers turning into Rope Opera, Star Trek and Superman (who I love).  I do so badly want Lois Lane's Nash Rambler convertible...how cool it is. 

Anyway on Saturdays when I change out of my work suit, take off my gloves and hat, I put on my pedal pushers and sit down for a late afternoon and evening of TV, my way.  Same goes for Sunday starting with Remington Steele and moving through the evening.  It's just good to lock the door and go back to fifties and sixties, so much safer and saner. 

• Like 2

I watch Svengoolie now most Saturday nights.  I noted that last night he spoke about the fact that they had obtained a better copy of the film that was clearer and brighter, so even Universal sees the benefit of cleaning up the classics.  I have no idea what Svengoolie's audience ratings are, but who cares.  I enjoy him.

Yesterday I was at an event sponsored by the local channel that manages Me-TV and he commented that for the first time Me-TV outranked other stations including FOX in the afternoon slots.  I guess that is all of us silver haired viewers turning into Rope Opera, Star Trek and Superman (who I love).  I do so badly want Lois Lane's Nash Rambler convertible...how cool it is. 

Anyway on Saturdays when I change out of my work suit, take off my gloves and hat, I put on my pedal pushers and sit down for a late afternoon and evening of TV, my way.  Same goes for Sunday starting with Remington Steele and moving through the evening.  It's just good to lock the door and go back to fifties and sixties, so much safer and saner. 

well, it's tcm's fault. all they seem to care about are Gone With The Wind, Lawrence of Arabia, Doctor Zhivago, 2001: a space odyssey and pleasure cruises.

slackers! :)

Dang!  Forgot all ABOUT Svengouhlie last night!  Can't remember WHAT I was watching.

We also( WOW customers that is) have a couple of "new" channelsa that play old TV shows---

One is called "Decades", and shows mostly "Untouchables" and "Naked City" reruns, and the other is "heroes and Icons"  H&I

THEY show a bunch!  COMBAT!  12 O'Clock High,  Cheyenne and others.  Haven't spent an entire day with them yet.  METV pizzed me off when they removed COMBAT and never bothered to return my inquiries!

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Great post, Em. I'm a Remington Steele junkie too!

• Like 1

Dang!  Forgot all ABOUT Svengouhlie last night!  Can't remember WHAT I was watching.

We also( WOW customers that is) have a couple of "new" channelsa that play old TV shows---

One is called "Decades", and shows mostly "Untouchables" and "Naked City" reruns, and the other is "heroes and Icons"  H&I

THEY show a bunch!  COMBAT!  12 O'Clock High,  Cheyenne and others.  Haven't spent an entire day with them yet.  METV pizzed me off when they removed COMBAT and never bothered to return my inquiries!

Sepiatone

Oh Sepiatone...the Naked City, Combat, 12 O,Clock High, what a dream of a viewing mix.  I loved Naked City, all those hats, those huge overcoats and the cigarette smoke...wow what fun. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings