Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• 3 weeks later...

INGRID BERGMAN I have never seen anyone who could look so beautifully pure and warm and innocent...yet at the same instant...wickedly mischevious, as the wonderful Ingrid.

Victor McLaglen in "Gunga Din" when he thinks he has put one over on his fellow Sargeant/friend Douglas Fairbanks Jr...

• 2 weeks later...

Re;

Males:

William Holden(most beautiful smile ever.Bill`s smile always begins in his eyes.

Cary Grant

Gary Cooper

Jimmy Stewart

Joel MCCrea

Gordon MacRae

Howard keel

Anthony Hopkins

Douglas Fairbanks Jr and Sr.

Ronald Colman

Trevor Howard

Females:

Audrey Hepburn

Judy Holliday

Doris Day

Greer Garson

Jean Arthur

Claudette Colbert

Lorraine

I saw a movie on TCM recently titled ?The Black Book?. This is the British title for ?Reign of Terror?, 1949, with Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl. She had the most beautiful smile in this film. In one scene, both the cameraman and the editor held this one close-up of her smiling for an unusually long time. I used to be a documentary cameraman and editor, and occasionally I would hold a scene for an unusually long time, especially if I caught an unusually beautiful smile on a woman or a guy or a little kid. It is scenes like this that people in the audience remember forever, even though the ?unusually long time? might only be 8 seconds. But this is 8 seconds that will go into the mind?s memory banks and stay there forever. In style, the movie was a ?film noir? type of film, but set during the French Revolution. The sleazy dives and back alleys were in Paris circa late 17-hundreds.

• 1 month later...

Tyrone Powers had a spark, charm, when he smiled.

Cary Grant, of course. His looks could melt any woman.

Barbara Stanwyck had a cute, mischievous, smile.

Ginger Rodger's smile was glowing. Sad or happy, she seems to have something, words can't explain.