Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After looking in on portions of some of the Marx Bros. movies tonight (well, there IS a Yankee game on, and they are killing the Jays!), I'd like to point out that Margaret Dumont had an absolutely radiant smile. She's was whole other person when she smiled.

• 3 weeks later...

I like a smile that uses the whole face. That sounds funny at first but some people only smile with their lips, if you think of Goldie Hawn's smile, she usually raises her eyebrows, moves her eyes, wrinkles her nose, and opens her mouth as if you're going to hear a ha-ha coming out. Oddly, her man, Kurt Russell is the same way, following are some others, Cary Grant, Bette Davis, Loretta Young, Claudette Colbert, and Robert Young. Have you ever read in a book the term 'his/her smile didn't reach his/her eyes'? I know people like that, they smile only because it's expected, not because they're happy or want to smile. Many actors are like that, Gary Cooper comes to mind, it's like they have other things on their mind than the lines they are saying.

Anne

• 3 weeks later...