Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anthony Quinn wednesdays in April...

NipkowDisc

My wife, ALSO Mexican, just loves the old story of when Quinn, early in his career, auditioned for a movie role of a Mexican bandito(or something like that) and was told, "Your ACCENT is passable, but you just don't LOOK Mexican enough!"   Don't know WHO was the suit that supposedly said that, or what the movie was, or even if it's really true!

She said she heard HIM tell the story on DICK CAVETT's show once.  :P

Sepiatone

My wife, ALSO Mexican, just loves the old story of when Quinn, early in his career, auditioned for a movie role of a Mexican bandito(or something like that) and was told, "Your ACCENT is passable, but you just don't LOOK Mexican enough!"   Don't know WHO was the suit that supposedly said that, or what the movie was, or even if it's really true!

Sepiatone

Sepiatone

sounds like The Ox-Bow Incident.

Nipkow,

I think this is the third thread in the past ten days about HOT SPELL. Why not just stick to the same thread. There does not seem to be a reason to keep repeating the same complaint with new threads.

Plus, you really should be addressing your concern by using the Contact TCM link. Right?

• Like 1

hey jamesjazzguitar, this be my first bellyachin' in main discussion on my new computer. :lol:

Ok,  you're forgiven.    But I will admit I'm concerned that with your faster computer the bellyaching will increase.   :lol:

But really,  I hope your new computer works out well for you.

"Bosley Crowther of The New York Times gave a highly favorable review and noted that the film "throbs with a rare vitality, and a masterful picture of a nation in revolutionary torment has been got by Director Elia Kazan."[6]Variety, on the other hand, criticized the direction and script: "Elia Kazan's direction strives for a personal intimacy but neither he nor the John Steinbeck scripting achieves in enough measure."

Poster%20-%20Viva%20Zapata_02.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings