Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please run "RIDE THE PINK HORSE"

Mahoot

I've been on the look-out for this film for YEARS...( the last time TCM played it) I keep hoping that it shows up in 'SUMMER U.T.S', but alas to no avail. When I ask other people or whenever I bring it up, invariably people always get the wrong idea, at first. If any film deserves/needs a new title, this is it. But any film-noir fan knows and loves this quirky flick, so please run this one!

I've been on the look-out for this film for YEARS...( the last time TCM played it) I keep hoping that it shows up in 'SUMMER U.T.S', but alas to no avail. When I ask other people or whenever I bring it up, invariably people always get the wrong idea, at first. If any film deserves/needs a new title, this is it. But any film-noir fan knows and loves this quirky flick, so please run this one!

I also hope TCM adds this film back to their rotation.    Frist rate noir but yea that title is rather odd to say the least.   They took one line from the movie and used it for the title.     

• 1 month later...

I also hope TCM adds this film back to their rotation.    Frist rate noir but yea that title is rather odd to say the least.   They took one line from the movie and used it for the title.     

I haven't seen it, but my library has the Criterion disc - so I went to IMDb to see what it says about the movie. I'm not much of a fan of studio era, but the title intrigued me. So, maybe it's a good title.

From what I read, it refers to choosing which horse on a merry-go-round to ride. It signifies arbitrary decisions, the explanation of being difficult to explain, if not impossible.

Anyway, sounds more interesting than most 40's movies and I'm gonna give it a look.

I remember this film being in frequent rotation on the old AMC-- then when TCM came along, it sort of dropped out of sight (though TCM has shown it a handful of times).

The fact the folks at Criterion cared enough to put a restored version out, is a very good thing!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings