Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Wizard of Oz tonite at 8:00

NipkowDisc

► Yes, but this is a special version.  After Dorothy and Toto get blown all to hell during the windstorm they end up in Shirley Booth's living room in 'HOT SPELL'.  I do expect complaints as 'Hot Spell' is a black-and-white movie and The Land of Oz was in full colour, but you can't have everything.  The midgets are then inter-cut into 'Hot Spell' and, instead of telling Dorothy to "follow the yellow brick road" they tell her to follow the trail to the New Orleans cathouse "Madame Mabel's" where she can go to work servicing the adulterous Anthony Quinn.  The midgets then drown Toto in a stewpot full of boiling crawdaddies.  These aren't nice midgets!  Jeez. What a bunch of ill-tempered muthas!  And there's no Frank Morgan in sight . . .     

► Yes, but this is a special version.  After Dorothy and Toto get blown all to hell during the windstorm they end up in Shirley Booth's living room in 'HOT SPELL'.  I do expect complaints as 'Hot Spell' is a black-and-white movie and The Land of Oz was in full colour, but you can't have everything.  The midgets are then inter-cut into 'Hot Spell' and, instead of telling Dorothy to "follow the yellow brick road" they tell her to follow the trail to the New Orleans cathouse "Madame Mabel's" where she can go to work servicing the adulterous Anthony Quinn.  The midgets then drown Toto in a stewpot full of boiling crawdaddies.  These aren't nice midgets!  Jeez. What a bunch of ill-tempered muthas!  And there's no Frank Morgan in sight . . .     

yes, is this tcm's recent theater-released imax print or do millions of cable viewers in america get treated to an inferior print? give us the recent theater print, I say!  why would we get an inferior print of The wizard of oz? :huh:

yes, is this tcm's recent theater-released imax print or do millions of cable viewers in america get treated to an inferior print? give us the recent theater print, I say!  why would we get an inferior print of The wizard of oz? :huh:

This version is bogus!     Didn't you notice that the first part was in black and white.    TCM just can't get anything right.    :blink:

This version is bogus!     Didn't you notice that the first part was in black and white.    TCM just can't get anything right.    :blink:

I was wondering. I and I be sure many others used to watch the wizard of oz as kids when CBS would favor us with their annual showings, but CBS did not go color until 1965.

therefore, how many black & white airings was there of the wizard of oz on CBS before 1965? hope that be a toughie. :lol:

Nah, the special version is made out of Twizzlers.  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPPqLVqi9yU

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings