Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS is back on sunday on ABC

NipkowDisc

truly wonderful news! when I scrolled ahead on my TV schedule to see The Ten Commandments was nowhere to be seen tonite my heart sank with fear. was ABC prepared to finally end a long standing decades- long tradition? so I scrolled ahead to sunday nite and there it is! tomorrow nite at 7:00...

The Ten Commandments is back on sunday nite where it belongs! sunday was always america's family nite around the TV. that's how The Ten Commandments should be watched. by families around the living room TV on sunday nite. I never liked The Ten Commandments on saturday nites. it just didn't feel right

give 'em hell, chuck! :) 

I once rented "The Ten Commandments" from Blockbuster and intended to begin watching it at the same time ABC began its annual pre-Easter presentation of the movie. I was curious about where the network telecast would be by the time I finished the DVD without commercial interruptions.

But I forgot that ABC had scheduled the telecast for 7 p.m. Eastern time, and began watching the DVD an hour late. Nevertheless, I caught up with the network version and passed it about the time that the Hebrews began making their exodus from Egypt.

By the way, Sunday is the seventh anniversary of Charlton Heston's death at the age of 84. If you're keen for a mini-Heston retrospective, TCM is showing "Ben-Hur" Easter morning.

No, THE TEN COMMANDMENTS is a Passover film, NOT an Easter film. So it belongs on Friday/Saturday, not Sunday.

religiously that is quite true but ABC made an annual tradition by showing it sunday nites starting back in the seventies. at the beginning of Close Encounters of the Third Kind it is obviously a sunday nite when the power goes out because the ten commandments is seen on the Neary's family room TV. :)

truly wonderful news! when I scrolled ahead on my TV schedule to see The Ten Commandments was nowhere to be seen tonite my heart sank with fear. was ABC prepared to finally end a long standing decades- long tradition? so I scrolled ahead to sunday nite and there it is! tomorrow nite at 7:00...

The Ten Commandments is back on sunday nite where it belongs! sunday was always america's family nite around the TV. that's how The Ten Commandments should be watched. by families around the living room TV on sunday nite. I never liked The Ten Commandments on saturday nites. it just didn't feel right

give 'em hell, chuck! :) 

I told ya! putting it back on sunday got it those ratings. :)

I was curious about where the network telecast would be by the time I finished the DVD without commercial interruptions.

Well, It started at 7:00 and ended at 11:42. thats 282 minutes. The most commonly accepted running time for the complete movie is 220 minutes so that would mean a MINIMUM of 62 minutes of commercials. Of course that doesn't count any editing ABC did (they always cut out DeMille's prologue) or any technical "tricks" that speeds up the film. My guess would be it would be somewhere between 80 and 90 minutes of commercials would probably closer.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings