Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Couple of Mitchum's best-paired with Jane Russell

Two of Robert Mitchum's best (IMO) are on late Monday/early Tuesday-1:45 AM and 3:15AM, April 7th.  

Macao with Jane Russell and His Kind of Woman with Jane Russell.  These could be considered Film Noir or mystery or something else.  I like them because they have a certain comedic element and Mitchum and Russell do it well.  William Bendix, Gloria Graham and Vincent Price also have very good performances in them.

Not shown on TCM too often and not available separately, if at all.  So, might want to record them.

While they are not considered great films, they are both enjoyable, mainly because  of the two stars.  They played off each other so well.  It's hard to believe these were the only two movies they made together.    I can't decide which one I like better--I really like them both.  And I like the fact that there was always an excuse for Jane to sing a couple of numbers.

Terrence.