Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ED SULLIVAN with 16 Female Soap Opera actresses! Any from silver screen?

DickLindsay

Photo 1 shows ED SULLIVAN with many female TV soap opera stars, probably from the 1950s .  Anyone recognize these actresses?  I am guessing many of them came from the silver screen.

PHOTO 2 is Bing Crosby with Madge Evans?? Or ???

#1   actors / title??

df1.JPG

#2   title?  Lovely actress is ?

df2.JPG

I just saw this thread. Jan Miner was a part of the radio soap world.  I'm can't recall which one she was in but when I learned she was "Madge" I recognized her name.

If the second woman from the right in the front is Mary Stuart she worked in many films of the late 1040s including  The Adventures of Don Juan.  The women on both sides of Sullivan look very familiar and I think the woman at the right end of row two is Wendy Drew who did radio soaps before spending over twenty years on As the World Turns. I'm very curious to find out who all the women are.

Here's some info on JAN MINER, radio soap operas: From circa 1948 through sometime before the series ended in 1957, Miner, eventually succeeded by Grace Matthews, starred as Julie Erickson, head of the titular orphanage in the revival of the 1937-1941 soap opera Hilltop House. The series was sponsored by the Colgate-Palmolive Company, for which she would later appear in a famous, long-running series of television commercials

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings