Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

French Film would like to know the title

bhryun

I saw a black and white french film on tcm about 2 months ago in june on a saturday night the story of the movie is as follows 2 men go off to war leaveing behind their 2 wifes, they eventually return and i believe the taller man war a eyepatch if anyone even hass a idea please post it and if you have anymore recomendaTIONS FOR A NEW FAN OF FRENCH FILM LET ME KNOW THANKS.

I'm sorry to say I can't help you with your question about the French film shown on TCM recently. I do, however, have another recommendation for you. My favorite French film has always been Beauty and the Beast, directed be Jean Cocteau. It is mystical, magical, and amazing to watch, especially considering the circumstances under which it was shot; WW2 was raging all around, they had to beg, borrow, or steal the rolls of film and other supplies, and on and on. All of this is really irrelevant though. See it for the classic that it is and let me know how you like it.

The Grand Illusion, Belle de Jour, The 400 Blows, Bay of Angels, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg and La Vie de Chateau are some older French films I enjoy. For more recent French films, I would highly recommend Amelie, Red, A Very Long Engagement and Bon Voyage.