Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Tribute to the Victims of Hurricaine Katrina?

bhryun

I was wondering if TCM could air a scene from the movie "Carousel", with Shirley Jones singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" as a tribute to the victims of Hurricaine Katrina. It is such a beautiful and inspriring song, giving hope to everyone. Thanks so much.

It's a great idea and I'm imagine Fox would go along with it. Of course, the best tribute we can make to those poor people is to send money to relief agencies like The Red Cross, The Salvation Army, Catholic Charities and any of the others that are helping. Just because the "cavalry" has arrived and people are now starting to be rescued, doesn't mean that the demand for help won't continue on for many months.

There is another thing that we can do. I heard on the news that the shelters are asking for movies to entertain all the families that are at the shelters. I can only imagine what it must be like for 15,000 people, with thousands of them kids, all one place, and having nothing to do. I didn't catch where to send them, but perhaps TCM could find out from ther cousins at CNN and we could all send a family movie or two.