Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THIS ISLAND EARTH saturday on svengoolie

NipkowDisc

THIS ISLAND EARTH but with no osborne sit-in with the still living Rex Reason.

that's the way tcm wants it? okay.

just seems to me that the great science fiction genre deserves better especially from such great professed hollywood devotees as tcm.

syme68.jpg

I am looking forward to this on Svengoolie.  He is becoming a Saturday night event for me...tripe or not...sometimes it is better than listening to Bob and Sally schmooze.  

I really liked it when Alec Baldwin was on...he never schmoozed he always contradicted when he felt it was right, from his perspective.  That is what a discussion is supposed be...not all likey, likey. 

I am looking forward to this on Svengoolie.  He is becoming a Saturday night event for me...tripe or not...sometimes it is better than listening to Bob and Sally schmooze.  

I really liked it when Alec Baldwin was on...he never schmoozed he always contradicted when he felt it was right, from his perspective.  That is what a discussion is supposed be...not all likey, likey. 

But Sven doesnt come on till 10pm, so you can still watch Sally and Bob!!  :D

But Sven doesnt come on till 

But Sven doesnt come on till 10pm, so you can still watch Sally and Bob!!   :D

But Sven doesnt come on till 

Fortunately I live in the CST so timing is right as a before bedtime treat.  I get to watch Star Trek at eight and Wonder Woman at 7, if the essential is not too essential or the film has been over essentialized.

Fortunately I live in the CST so timing is right as a before bedtime treat.  I get to watch Star Trek at eight and Wonder Woman at 7, if the essential is not too essential or the film has been over essentialized.

LOL.

THIS ISLAND EARTH but with no osborne sit-in with the still living Rex Reason.

that's the way tcm wants it? okay.

just seems to me that the great science fiction genre deserves better especially from such great professed hollywood devotees as tcm.

syme68.jpg

That ship model looks like it was casted in a waffle iron. :lol:

That ship model looks like it was casted in a waffle iron. :lol:

yeah, I've always liked that. :lol:but it is a way ahead of it's time film in no small part to those neat star trek-like star field effects amd who doesn't love the interocitor with it's neutrino beams. :)

So ND, and here I would've thought you especially would have appreciated my earlier picture of Jeff Morrow as "Andrew Jackson"?!!!

(...guess I "doan" know your sense of humor as well as I thought, eh?!) ;)

So ND, and here I would've thought you especially would have appreciated my earlier picture of Jeff Morrow as "Andrew Jackson"?!!!

(...guess I "doan" know your sense of humor as well as I thought, eh?!) ;)

I'm sorry, Dargo. I thought that was very clever. obviously, Exeter looks like Heston's old hickory in The Buccaneer rather than in The President's Lady. :D

really enjoyed this island earth last nite on svengoolie. he said it was a good print and it looked it...but they did cut it off after 'the end' without the closing cast credits and accompanying star field. if I were host that would never happen. lost in space ep war of the robots followed and this is the first ep which really begins to establish the will/robot rapport. the mummy ep of vttbots that followed I found disappointing. seen it before of course many times. svengoolie's print of this island earth was nice with the still impressive 1950s technicolor hues but last nite's vttbots mummy ep the color hues were off a tad. space cadets will notice that sort of thing. wasn't terribly over the top neither. a 3000 year-old egyptian mummy takes a shine to crane and a pointless ep insues. why should an ancient egyptian mummy care if the seaview gets in on time to prevent a mid-east war? that pesky ol' mummy keeps getting up and accosting crewmembers. beats up two guys and erases their memory of their rucus with it. then the mummy's in the flying sub (which is never explained. guess it was just a good place to hide) and strangulates a hapless blue jump suiter.

I guess irwin allen mummies are just naturally ornery. nelson finally dispatches it with an electrified hose. smartly done. :)