Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Book/Movie

Richard Kimble

I'll start:

Cape Fear (original, not the horrible remake) was based on a novel by John D. McDonald called The Executioners. The book is almost all dialogue -- but not tense confrontations between the hero and the villain. No the book is almost entirely "Well what are we gonna do now?" conversations between the hero and his wife. Max Cady -- the villain played by Mitchum -- appears in only one scene in the book. And the climax where Cady is killed is described indirectly, after the fact. It's like the author came up with this interesting story and searched for ways to drain all the drama and excitement out of it.

Well, first off, I didn't think the remake of CAPE FEAR was all that bad...but to matters at hand...

There's VAST differences in the MOVIE "FORREST GUMP" and the book!

In the book, Gump is not so "simple minded", and the eventual sexual encounter between him and Jenny is WAY more raucous than displayed in the movie.  In the book Gump KNOWS what he's doing sexually, and he and Jenny "do it" on just about evey flat surface in the motel room!  And THEN some!

In the book "The Natural", Roy Hobbs is described as an unshaven, seedy and not so nice a guy as Redford plays him in the film.

In the book "Think Of A Number" by Anders Bodelson,  Both the bank teller and the bank robber are still alive by book's end.  In the film version, titled "The Silent Partner", the bank robber dies in the end!  Plus, in the movie, the bank teller more often has the upper hand.  in the book, that goes back and forth more or less evenly.

In the book Les Miserables , Cossette is looked after by somewhat unscrupulous innkeeps(for a short while), the husband which is described in one scene as going from corpse to corpse in a battlefield, digging the gold out of dead soldier's mouths with a jagged knife!  Haven't seen THAT in any film version... 

Sepiatone

In the book Les Miserables , Cossette is looked after by somewhat unscrupulous innkeeps(for a short while), the husband which is described in one scene as going from corpse to corpse in a battlefield, digging the gold out of dead soldier's mouths with a jagged knife!  Haven't seen THAT in any film version... 

I forget the names of these innkeeper characters, but I've previously read complaints about them being left out of various versions. However IIRC they do appear in the 1934 French version.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings