Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Take her down, Chip. Right, Lee

NipkowDisc

decades, this wonderful new cable channel is countdowning to it's launch by goin' through the four seasons of voyage to the bottom of the sea. of his four tv shows the closest irwin allen ever got to doin' star trek. the stage is inner space and the hammer, the fantastic nuclear sub seaview. lotsa great acting from Richard Basehart as Admiral Harriman Nelson. they're in the 2nd season color eps now and sometime late tonight they'll be where me tv is. this is the channel to be a watchin' right now. vttbots rules! naturally I be a recordin' my favorite eps...
tcm could learn a thing or two from decades consideration of the viewer.
m0rxj.jpg

That's all I have been watching: Honey West, Untouchables, The Saint, Mission Impossible, Peter Gunn (with the cool music ).

Don't know much about VTTBOTS, but once again its a show I have never heard of. I'll be tuning in. I know Kung Fu is coming up and Ill be watching that also.

Great concept, I love it !

I told you guys, new channels popping up all the time.  

Both DECADES and H&I( Heroes and Icons) popped up on my service about the same time.  H&I has been showing "Kung Fu" reruns at 5:00pm weekdays, and I've been driving my wife CRAZY!

At first, H&I had a "shifting aspect" problem that now only "Movies" seems to have.

H&I also shows "Combat" at 11:30pm weekdays! 

Sepiatone

Gotta admit I've been watching VTTMOTW on MeTV lately myself, ND.

Yep, it conjures up memories of watching this show first run on ABC Sunday nights as a teen in the mid-'60s and waiting with baited breath for the part in each episode where the Seaview is shaken around by some unknown force and the crew flings themselves from one wall to the other, and YET somehow that pencil sittin' on the chart desk in the middle of the control room never moves an inch! LOL

(...btw, "VTTMOTW" of course stands for: "Voyage to the Monster of the Week"!) ;)

• Like 1

Gotta admit I've been watching VTTMOTW on MeTV lately myself, ND.

Yep, it conjures up memories of watching this show first run on ABC Sunday nights as a teen in the mid-'60s and waiting with baited breath for the part in each episode where the Seaview is shaken around by some unknown force and the crew flings themselves from one wall to the other, and YET somehow that pencil sittin' on the chart desk in the middle of the control room never moves an inch! LOL

(...btw, "VTTMOTW" of course stands for: "Voyage to the Monster of the Week"!) ;)

it was Irwin and his bucket. :lol: the first season black & white eps are pretty decent and a lot of the 2nd and 3rd year eps too. best thing about the 4th year is the neato revamped opening music. love it. you know, Dargo, with all of it's shortcomings in the special effects department, vttbots is still hundreds of leagues ahead dramatically and in terms of inspiration of modern politically correct chum like SeaQuest DSV. no comparison. the old a-1 guys like Irwin allen knew what they were doing in terms of drama and escapism and today's Hollywood dregs are laughably clueless...so clueless that they can have no conception of just how clueless they are. no amount of cgi can long compensate for no feel of story, drama and just how to execute it in front of the camera. you know why later attempts at TV sci-fi by steven Spielberg's amblin crowd like seaquest and amazing stories fell flat? 1. because Spielberg now being a big shot felt he did not have to be directly involved. Gene Roddenberry always wanted direct involvement in star trek. 2. now being a big man he turned his attentions more and more towards a profit-minded assembly line approach, delegating areas of creativity to subordinates like Kathleen kennedy. it always happens. guys like Spielberg eventually lose sight of their basic mojo. Irwin Allen always held on to his. often times silly, but it was there. :)

• Like 1