Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Autograph Collections...

Who here has an autograph collection of classic movie actors? Whose autograph do you have and how did you get them? I'm curious to see who you guys have. I'll tell you about my collection, which I started in the beginning of the summer. I got all my autographs by writing to everyone. First, I got a signed card from Betty Hutton and a CD of her. Then I got a signed picture from Doris Day. Today, I just received Liz Taylor's autograph. It's a fun hobby to have. I'm looking forward to the responses.

Hi Classickels!

So far, the only autographs I've obtained writing to the stars, are from Lillian Gish and Luise Rainer, both of whom sent to me dedicated & signed photographs, and from Bette Davis, who sent to me a signed still.

On the other hand, I own 21 vintage dedicated and signed stills, from the mid-1940s, which I received as gift in the mid-1980s, from a very dear Aunt. These stills were dedicated to a Diplomat of my country, who was appointed to the United States during those years.

The actors who dedicated & signed them were: Beverly Tyler, Judy Garland, Paulette Goddard, Dorothy Lamour, Lizabeth Scott, Lauren Bacall, Lana Turner, Peter Lawford, Jane Wyman, Ann Sheridan, Ida Lupino, Janis Paige, Franchot Tone, Bette Davis, Walter Pidgeon, Cary Grant, Errol Flynn, Dennis Morgan, Eleanor Parker, Bing Crosby and Yvonne DeCarlo.

I stopped collecting a few years back when so many fakes were turning up on eBay and really damaging the hobby but the few autographs that I have are: A signed copy of Swanson On Swanson signed by Gloria. I also have a John Gilbert signed MGM studio portrait, and D.W. Griffith signed album page. My two prized autographs (non movie related) are a Lenny Bruce signed personal check where he also signed his real name on it a.k.a. Leonard Alfred Schneider, also I have a little cartoon drawing that John Lennon signed.

I wrote to Angela Lansbury when I was in second grade (crayon letter) and received a lovely autograph from her.

I also have a personalized autograph from Doris Day from a couple of years ago, she also sent me some information about her organization.

I have Rita Hayworth, Joan Fontaine, and Esther Williams- I received as a gift...for Christmas and my birthday.

I also have many photo stills and lobby cards...some with Claudette Colbert, Lana Turner, Clark Gable, Grace Kelly....I have a lot of Hollywood memoriabilia in scrapbooks. One would think that I have been doing this for a long time, but only a few years...I am only 21 years old, and school unfortunately has to come first some times...

Tabitha

It's very, very, encouraging to see likes of

"classicmoviedear & some at her age-(not that I am too-old, at almost 41. Feel like it though, most of the time)

However, even when I was a teen I still went for "Hollywoods Glorious GoldenAge" & "Classic Cinema!"

When I was about 10 to 12, *Cagney-(still among my all-timers & Steve McQueen were my Heroes.)

Keep it going

(NOTE: For those interested I stumbled-upon a specific website of autographs jus the other day. Matter of fact, I searched for stats on the ill-fated: V. Rappe-(for another TCM-ITE on here & found her autograph?

Sent it on & hope you got-it?)

Thank You