25. Virginia Bruce 

26. Greta Garbo

27. Monty Woolley

28. Ingrid Bergman

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/weekly.html?tz=CST&sdate=2015-08-29

29. George C. Scott

30. Gary Cooper

31. Shelley Winters

I'm disappointed that Fred Astaire day didn't include 'Ghost Story' (1981).

Really liked that one.

Apparently not. The schedule for August 27th features: "Live, Love And Learn" (1937), "Everybody Sing" (1938), "Three Comrades" (1938), "Lord Jeff" (1938), "Young Dr. Kildare" (1938), "Dancing Co-Ed" (1939), "Night and Day" (1946), "Kismet" (1955), "Holy Matrimony" (1943), "Molly and Me" (1945), "The Man Who Came to Dinner" (1941), "The Bishop's Wife" (1947) and "The Girl of the Golden West" (1938).

Another great Monty Woolley performance occurs in SINCE YOU WENT AWAY, which is also not being shown.

Another great Monty Woolley performance occurs in SINCE YOU WENT AWAY, which is also not being shown.

It would have been a nice selection for Robert Walker Day, too. But it's not being shown then, either.

• Like 1

Haven't seen GOODBYE CHARLIE in years. Cute film and wish it was on the schedule

It doesnt pop up often, but it is on once in awhile........

Yes, Katharine Hepburn has had too many SUTS..........

Nothing that interest me much, so glad I wasnt  on pins and needles about the sched!!!

Nothing that interest me much, so glad I wasnt  on pins and needles about the sched!!!

It is really like most schedules-- TCM Library titles in heavy rotation, with a few exceptions. The only difference is that in August the programming is in 24 hour blocks. It's a marketing gimmick-- sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

It would have been a nice selection for Robert Walker Day, too. But it's not being shown then, either.

You're right. It's an early performance for Walker. But it's Monty and the dog that steal the show in SINCE YOU WENT AWAY. 

imgres57.jpg

As for Walker's day, when I read over the selections-- it occurred to me just how many prestigious A-budget programmers MGM put him in-- he was quite lucky and though his filmography is not lengthy, he appears in a lot of essential classic movies.

Cocoanuts has that hilarious routine VIADUCT. (WHY A DUCK)

I can't listen to the Habenera or the Toreador Song from Carmen without thinking of the lyrics to The Tale of the Shirt.

"I lost my shirt, I lost my shirt, I can't do anything until I find my shirt"

Just brilliantly funny

I can't listen to the Habenera or the Toreador Song from Carmen without thinking of the lyrics to The Tale of the Shirt.

Just brilliantly funny

His shirt isn't the only thing he's losing that starts with shi and ends with t.

Just brilliantly funny

I think it's "shoit."

OMG!! Alan Arkin day is fantastic!

Little Murders!!

Little Murders, everybody!

We were posting about that one not so long ago.

Please God, let Canadians have this one.

One of his best films ever has probably only played up here in Canada ... Mordecai Richler's Joshua Then and Now.  He's brilliant in that one.  James Woods is the star.

Makes a good companion piece with the other Richler Canadian films, The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz and Barney's Version.

Meh. I'm happy to see the Marx Bros. Paramount titles and glad Mae Clarke got a day. My favorite (and unexpected) title of the month is Universal's THE INVISIBLE WOMAN.

TCM aired it about two or three years ago during a primetime salute for John Barrymore. Maltin doesn't rate it very highly.

I've seen way better SUTS schedules but I am glad to see Raymond Massey, Virginia Bruce, Mae Clark

and Rex Ingram make the schedule.  24 hours of Shelley Winters?? Shoot me now.

Lydecker

While I wouldn't have minded seeing them skip Kate Hepburn, John Wayne and Joan Crawford, who are all great stars but their films are frequently shown, and substitute them with other more obscure performers, perhaps Joan Bennett or Ann Blyth, and films I'm happy with the overall slate. Again I wish they could have gotten Kitten with a Whip for Ann-Margret Day but Once a Thief is new and as someone else said The Pied Piper for Monty Woolley Day would have been wonderful but Lord Jeff is new to me. 

But almost everyday there is at least one film I haven't seen so yeah! And some days are a gold mine, for instance Ingrid Bergman has four rarities. The only really disappointing day is Shelley Winters, she has so many early films that are rarely seen and there is not a single one scheduled, all the ones they are showing are good films with the exception of Flap but are ones that are on frequently.