Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Divergence between hype and programming

NipkowDisc

so here I am enjoying a hearty sunday breakfast of pepperidge farm chocolate goldfish crackers and a mug of milk watching the last half hour of You Can't Take It With You. after the movie is over and they got some break time so what does tcm do? they take a few minutes to throw accolades at Sophia Loren and I'm naturally thinkin' to myself here's Anthony Quinn SOTM and they're throwin' accolades at Sophia Loren...

so why doan they show Attila?...

the 1954 italian peplum effort from Carlo Ponti, dino de laurentis with Quinn in the title role and a young steaming hot Sophia Loren in her ancient babe regalia?

answer: because that would make sense. an obvious divergence between on-air hype and actual programming. even I a space cadet can see this. :) 

• Like 1

NipkowDisc:  Do ya wanna borrow my copy of 'BLACK ORCHID, The' with Ant'ney and Sophia? 

The video company that released HOT SPELL in the groovy clamshell box -- Kartes Video Communications, Inc. (KVC) -- also released 'BLACK ORCHID' the same way. 

KVC further released the Sophia Loren movie 'DESIRE UNDER THE ELMS', but this time with Ant'ney Poikins instead of Anthony Quinn. 

You need to get on the KVC train and snag some of them bad babies while they're still around.  :D

so here I am enjoying a hearty sunday breakfast of pepperidge farm chocolate goldfish crackers and a mug of milk watching the last half hour of You Can't Take It With You. 

NipkowDisc....I know I saw the same thing, however I was having a respectable breakfast which made the issue less confusing, bagels, lox and creme cheese and coffee.

Hype versus programming.....TCM has to advertise themselves. I can't imagine pulling out the same Anthony Quinn tribute reel( do they even have one?) between films. They have to keep the viewership up. 

In the meantime, that breakfast sounds divine! 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings