Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Madeline Kahn Biography

Dommy

• 1 month later...

Madeline Kahn: Being The Music  is featured on the TCM page since last month.  William V. Madison has written the definitive biography.  If you are a fan of stars biographies or autobiographies this is one not to be missed. He talks wit her family, friends, colleagues, fans and many more people who knew and loved this beautiful and talented screen and stage legend.  He makes you fall in love with her all over again and for some for the first time.  You will be finding yourself going to you tube to see such gems.  You may also be looking for her films  on DVD  or streaming them.  Too bad Madeline Kahn isn't one of the stars on the Summer Under The Stars in August this year.  Maybe they can make up for it in September on her birthday.  What's Up, Doc?, Paper Moon, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, At Long last Love, The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother, Won Ton Ton The Dog Who Saved Hollywood, High Anxiety, The Cheap Detective, Happy Birthday Gemini, Betsy's Wedding and Judy Berlin are the films they can play for 24 hours. I think deserves a TCM salute.  Lately quite a few of her films have been shown on here

If you are a fan of stars biographies or autobiographies this is one not to be missed. 

Are you speculating Dommy or have you read it?

Just because I love a star's work does not necessarily mean a book about them will be worth reading.

Many recent books about Hollywood stars (Busby Berkeley, William Powell & Barbara Stanwyk) have been horrible. They are badly written, hard to follow, or simply lists of their accomplishments.

• Like 1

If you are a fan of stars biographies or autobiographies this is one not to be missed. 

Just because I love a star's work does not necessarily mean a book about them will be worth reading.

Many recent books about Hollywood stars (Busby Berkeley, William Powell & Barbara Stanwyk) have been horrible. They are badly written, hard to follow, or simply lists of their accomplishments.

Not only have I read the book, I actually know the author  and meeting him tonight in NYC.  There is a book signing and a panel discussion on the career of Madeline Kahn.  I would never suggest a book I never read.  William V. Madison took 8 years of his life to do the research on Madeline ;

I wouldn't suggest a book so highly that I haven't read.  Not only have I read it, I know the Author William V. Madison and actually going to meet wit him in NYC for a book signing and a panel discussion on the life and career of Madeline Kahn.  He didn't put together some quickly written tabloid garbage, he wrote a great homage to a great lady.  He worked on this book for 8 years talking to many of her costars, family, friends and fans.  You do yourself a favor and read the book and let me know what you think.  Madeline Kahn was a very private person,but I think she would have been proud of this book.